Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Spontaneous Human Combustion

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

Spontaneous Human Combustion

This is something that has always captured my interest. When this act occurs, it appears as if a person exploded into flames for no reason at all. There are tons and tons of theories covering this subject but little evidence has been brought to light to proove if this is in fact a real condition or just a cover up/hoax. I've seen the grisly "homicide" photos plenty of times as well as the specials they've ran on television regarding the issue. I'd just like your opinion on the matter and any recent information you'd be able to provide would be greatly appreciated.

Otaku ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Spontaneous Human Combustion

It's a fact that holding in your farts causes SHC. I thought everyone knew that....

But in all seriousness, I just don't know what to think about it all. I too have seen many specials on the topic, and it looks both possible and impossible. Part of the problem is that for every 'case' that has occured, there has been a very different suspected cause, lending to the more impossible theory. I mean, if SHC were a real event, then you'd think that the cause of it should, in theory, be the same. I mean, there are lots of different types of cancer, but they're all caused by unstable atoms. So even though each case of SHC is different, the cause should be the same. However, you look at some of those pictures, and think, there's no way that could be hoaxed. Unfortuantely, I think it will live on as a myth, due to the fact that no one can even agree on one possible cause of such a phenomenon.

And I remember now, at the top of my lungs in my arms, she dies, she dies.

Controlling you through a chip in your butt since 2004

Untouchable Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega's Avatar
    Thanks

I thought this was disproved as nothing more than an urban legend a long time ago, it just doesn't happen.

Otaku ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, more recently, there have been people who have come up with theories that are actually plausible as far as causes go, but they have yet to attribute one of those causes to a case. It certainly doesn't help when there are no witnesses, which obviously lends to the more believed idea that it's all a hoax.

Idiot Impaler Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216's Avatar
    Thanks

Ever heard of the Human Torch?! DUH!
    The Last Remaining Realist.

See Dick Buy Beer, See Dick not Tip, See Dick try again, See Dick Go thirsty. Moral of the Story: Don't be a Dick.

Anime Online's Lesbian SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell's Avatar
    Thanks

:O yes i have herd about this and it always made me wonder(and something scared), i think is a little "ify" though, like Raven Omega said, its just an Urban legend nothing more

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange 216
    Ever heard of the Human Torch?! DUH!
    Well, it's not really spontaneous if he can do it at will. DUH! You should be surprised, horrified, and in great pain when you suddenly burst into flames, not turn into a superhero.

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

This is the one topic where I beleive it just as much as I don't beleive it. That's what makes discussing it so difficult.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast