Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sports Section suggestion

Untouchable Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Sports Section suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by 100%
    I think it would be a great idea cause artial arts it's also part of japanese culture, spirituality and defence
    I'm not sure you understand what a sport is, Football, basketball, soccer, hockey, those things are what they're talking about. Martial arts is more of a recreational activity, although there are competitions, I haven't heard or seen of too many being on a nation-wide TV level. At least in America.

Personally, I can't say I support or reject the idea of a sports column, I think there's already more than enough sub forums and Sports just doesn't have enough to warrent it's own section here, I'm not much of a fan of sports myself, so I'm trying to be unbiased but I'm probably more against the idea.

Not to mention the idea of of gaining new members from a sports section, there's already enough meat head idiots on this forum, I can't stand to have any more.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Is there even that many sports fans here that post regulary? I don't think this place has enough sports fans out there to really have a need for a sports section. Why don't you just make a private user group for it instead?

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BFmastermind
    Even though the amount of users who posted in the "Mavericks" thread was minimal, it lasted a long time with a numerous amount of posts(150+) and views(about 1300) being possibly the second biggest thread behind the "What are you listening to now?" thread.
    It may have been active but it was the ONLY sports thread around. It makes no sense to have an entire subsection for what will amount to one thread every couple of months.
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks

I would almost have said yes but you have to really look at your stats you see it had 150 posts but only 12 people posted in it, two of which had almost 50 each and then another high poster than pretty much nothing. So it was more of a conversation than a thread with high amounts of imput, it was more back and forth between a few people. Most of the views probably coming from them constantly checking the thread to see if a reply had been updated. So I was at first going to consider it but afraid as Zui said there really wouldn't be much point. As the thread didn't draw a lot of people. We may try something in the future but we'll have to see a lot of interest in it.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2