Thread: Spyware & Adware

Newbie matthewchan may be famous one day matthewchan may be famous one day matthewchan's Avatar
    Thanks

Spyware & Adware

I have a lot of this stuff on my computer. I'm using BAZOOKA SCANNER, which detects spyware easily, but the removing process is too long.

Does anyone know of a fast and efficient way of detecting and removing spyware and adware from your computer system? what software would you recommend? (freeware and/or trial).

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks
    Bazooka scanner? I have never even heard of that.

First of all, there was already a post similar to this one. Anyway, for your sake, here are the top 3 Spyware programs that I would recommend:

Spybot, Microsoft's BETA removal tool, and Ad-Aware (my personal favorite).

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    Spybot, adaware... These are the best. Get them at downloads.com.
    Hope that' fixed ur problem.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Lost in the ethernet dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004's Avatar
    Thanks
    use mozilla firefox 1.0! it stops the spyware before it even hits your machine! YAY!

Student: "Umm sensei, the question on the board is wrong."
    Teacher "SHAAAADD UP!"

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonrider2004
    use mozilla firefox 1.0! it stops the spyware before it even hits your machine! YAY!
    Hehe. Or just get those two programs Jadesrabbit mentioned. ^_~
    Seduced by Flesh

Lost in the ethernet dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004's Avatar
    Thanks
    but firefox works so much better b/c you dont have to spend time fixing the adware and spyware...

Student: "Umm sensei, the question on the board is wrong."
    Teacher "SHAAAADD UP!"

Otaku maverickvns may be famous one day maverickvns may be famous one day
    Thanks
    firefox isn't the end-all be-all solution. think of firefox as the front line and spybot/adaware as the secondary. firefox won't stop everything, but it sure beats downloading even more 3rd party software to alleviate the problem.

Otaku Phoenix of Love may be famous one day Phoenix of Love may be famous one day Phoenix of Love's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonrider2004
    but firefox works so much better b/c you dont have to spend time fixing the adware and spyware...
    Still makeing the shameless plugs I see

Edit:

Well heres my shameless plug

This is why my guides should get stickys it saves time for users (even if there are only two pages of posts) so they dont have to look so hard
    Last edited by Phoenix of Love; Jan 17, 2005 at 12:31 PM.
    Tom: Maybe we are a supreme being who was having self identity problems.
    Luis: Find yourself a women who loves video games as much as you do and you'll have have problems.