Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: !st person, 3rd person shooters, and RPGs

Newbie H.Battosai may be famous one day H.Battosai may be famous one day H.Battosai's Avatar
    Thanks

!st person, 3rd person shooters, and RPGs

=) I love most RPGs, but not the ones with just cutscenes after cutscenes... and that's mostly the game.. yeah yeah I know most RPGs have a lot of them but I can't stand the one that go on and on. Yeah I have no problems with FF games they seem to have a good story line, graphics, and battle system. Final Fantasy 7 I would say is the best, not in graphics anymore but definetly the story line, damn Aeris had to die! . Yeah and 1st person shooters like Counter Strike(bored of it), Rainbow six 3, and etc. I rather go with 3rd person some reason b/c u can see around corners and I just find them more fun. Like socom 2, aahh that game is so good! I like it way better than halo 1/2, they get boring to fast but socom just stays fun.. I just get tired of sci-fi type of games with lasers and crap... don't get me wrong I still would play Halo but I just find them boring sometimes...
    `'*2nd place is 1st place losers*'`

Newbie pookie9 may be famous one day pookie9 may be famous one day pookie9's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well, I like RPG games, especially sRPG games. I love the ability to choose my teams and be able to choose the classes I like you see. Even though I say that I haven't gotten any of Nippon Ichi's heavily praised sRPG games. I couldn't find Disgaea in any of my game stores, so I've lost hope for it, though their other sRPGs are plentiful, I don't wish to buy them :/ I find nothing wrong with cutscene after cutscene for RPGs, as long as their not gruesomely horrid or the game carries an indepth story that appeals to me, such as Xenosaga, though the second game, from the sounds of it, sounds like a disappointment. In addition to the RPG genre, I guess you can say I like platformer games to some degree, or maybe you can classify them as Action / Adventure too. I'm a Megaman X fan; I love the games, not the animation they tried :/. And I'm playing the Jak trilogy and I've gotten through the first game and half way through the second . Shooter games, unforuntately, have lost my interest. I used to play Counterstrike, and even the first Half Life installment, but after some years of playing Counterstrike I haven't really touched any shooter games.

EDIT: And yes, it was quite tragic when Aeris died; and I had started to get fond of her character ..

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Hmm, RPGs are really good games. I've gone back and started playing Xenosaga again in anticipation for Episode II, but I'm also playing Lufia II in my spare time. As for shooters, SOCOM II is the king of squad based shooters. The online play is awesome. Heh, I also used to be a CS junkie, but now I'm more of a DoD junkie. That game is tougher, and pretty realistic with damage and weapons.

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    i've also went back to play xenosaga..
    socom 2=awesomeness.
    But haven't had alot of time to play many new games.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Newbie Rathiroth may be famous one day Rathiroth may be famous one day Rathiroth's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think cutscenes are neccessary, otherwise you wouldn't get half the knowledge needed to fully grasp the story. Now, some games (xenosaga) have a ridiculous amount, but others such as my 2nd favorite game of all-time, TES: Morrowind, don't have either enough or any. They may be annoying, but i think good cutscenes can make a game, whereas short bad ones can break a game.

BTW, I feel bad for Aeris, but my boy Sephi just looked so damn sweet in that Cutscene, and also in the burning of nibel...FFVII=greatest game ever.

ROCK N ROLL mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue's Avatar
    Upon a mound.. somewheres around ..here ?
    Thanks
    Look for older original, PSOne games. The older games have the best gameplay, like you said: FFVII... Have you played Chrono Cross or any of those Square games ? Or try the Breath Of Fire series.. .. I dunno, a lot of recent games have gone downhill ~
    I have to admit, good RPG's are hard to find right now. . .
    much love to socketto
    ...what of this mongrel architect, our broken armor soon will set, past, present, and future tense...

Otaku Juice may be famous one day Juice may be famous one day Juice's Avatar
    Thanks
    Ah yes Chrono Cross, good game but too different from Chrono Trigger. I bought it used a little while ago and i was hoping for the same cool battle system from chrono trigger, but instead they had more of the same ol' FF style, you know the the line of characters fighting the line of enemies, nobody moving positions or nothing, and you dont even gain levels you just get stats after beating a boss, thats just dumb. Really great story though and wroth playing threw.

I'm collecting all the old FF games, i've got 8, 9, and anthology, but not 7 yet, my favorite is 9 by far cause they go back to the old school style, medieval style, ariships everywhere, black mages, great characters, awesome story... etc

Have you ever played Vagrant Story, that old Squaresoft game thats really hard to find... its pretty unique and has a cool fighting style.

Talk less, Say More. Eat Less, Chew More. Whine Less, Breath More. Fear Less, Hope More. Hate Less, Love More.
    And all good things are yours

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Ah, another 3rd person shooter to get is Mercenaries. If you don't pick up this title after playing it at all, then you should be drug out into the street and shot for your ignorance. Not really, but something similar, at least.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast