Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars to become new TV series

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Star Wars to become new TV series

Star Wars to become new TV series

Two Star Wars TV series will follow the latest movie in the hit film franchise, director George Lucas has said.

Animated show Clone Wars, currently broadcast as three-minute episodes, will become "a 3D animated" series of 30-minute shows, he said.

It would be followed by a live-action series featuring characters from the six Star Wars movies, he added.

"We're probably not going to start that for about a year," he told a Star Wars convention in Indianapolis.

'Step away'

The latest Star Wars film, Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, is released in most countries on 19 May.

The Clone Wars "micro-series" has had 25 three-minute episodes on Cartoon Network, taking the story up to Revenge of the Sith.

Mr Lucas told the Celebration III convention the live action TV series would be similar to Raiders of the Lost Ark spin-off The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles.

"Like on The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, we want to write all the stories for the entire first season all at once," he said.

"I'm going to get it started, and hire the show runners and all of that, then I'll probably step away."

He said the live action series would feature stories taking place between movie episodes three and four - Revenge of the Sith and the original 1977 Star Wars movie.

Lucas said he "never considered" extending the Stars Wars story beyond episode six - Return of the Jedi.

"To be very honest with you, I never ever thought of anything that happened beyond episode six," he said.

"It's the Darth Vader story. It starts with him being a young boy and it ends with him dying. I never ever really considered ever taking that particular story further."

Mr Lucas said the live action series would feature some existing Star Wars characters - but would not elaborate.

"There's a lot of issues that are connected, but you won't necessarily see a lot of the people that are connected," he said.

Empire favourite

No broadcast dates for either series have been announced.

More than 30,000 fans attended the convention. Away from Star Wars, Mr Lucas added a fourth Indiana Jones movie was "definitely in the works".

Meanwhile, The Empire Strikes Back has been named the favourite Star Wars movie in a poll of more than 40,000 readers of film magazine Empire.

Han Solo was voted the favourite hero, Chewbacca was top alien and X-wing pilot Wedge Antilles was favourite minor character.
    Wow awesome news. I loved clone wars!!

So what do you guys think of this??

Otaku Lady Sasumi may be famous one day Lady Sasumi may be famous one day Lady Sasumi's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think the show will not be as good as the movie, because everyone likes the movies so much, it puts a lot of pressure on the show to do well.

Newbie animenet may be famous one day animenet may be famous one day
    Thanks
    i agree with lady sasumi: everybody knows that whenever a series origionates from a movie, it usually is bad.

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks
    i thought it was pretty cool

it also introduced General Grievous, my favorite character
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think if they can do as well with it as they did with "The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles" it will be well worth watching.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Newbie little_angel12377 may be famous one day little_angel12377 may be famous one day little_angel12377's Avatar
    Thanks
    well i don'tr really know what to say. but i think that its a bad idea to do that. lol see ya around!
    Naruto rocks! ~.^

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks
    I'm interested in how they are going to pull off a live action tv show. I'd like to see them succeed, but it will be very tough because expectations will be ridiculous. I could actually see it as something like Star Trek type show with Jedis though.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    I fear it will be the death of the series. Maybe I'm being paranoid, but I think that TV shows will end star wars on a bad note. I think they should quit while they're ahead, but I can see why they want to milk this cashcow to the bitter end.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast