Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Star Wars to become new TV series

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    I'm just glad he said that he would hire everyone, get the show up and running and step away from it. How about that? It seems Lucas finally learned his lesson....

Otaku sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9's Avatar
    Thanks
    While the Clone Wars cartoon OVA (ahem) was pretty good (though Samauri Jack styled), I don't think a live action series would work. What other sci-fi series have survived on air: "Stargate" (ugh) and "Enterprise" (ehhh)? It would be like "Starship Troopers" set in the Star Wars universe. Lucas is getting self absorbed again. And is anyone old enough to remember "Ewoks"? Even as a kid, that show was terrible!

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well I love Stargate which proves that in some people's opinions movies can work for tv series. Now I'm not claiming Star Wars will and I certainly dont think it will be the death of it. That's a little over dramatic. I think the worst thing someone can do with a great idea and universe such as Star Wars is let it sit. Sure it may be a cash cow, but come on people love this stuff. Its special, so I dont understand what the point would be to never have anything Star Wars ever again.

Otaku Lady Sasumi may be famous one day Lady Sasumi may be famous one day Lady Sasumi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well see, I used to like Stargate too, personaly, I'm tired of watching it. When you give an audience too much, they don't want it as bad. Which is why it would be better for Star Wars to quit why they are ahead. And have later generations redo the movies or make more squeals. Anything but a show.

Same thing with Stargate, it's like Buffy the Vampire Slayer. They both started with a movie, and turned into popular long running shows. However, the movies were not as good as the shows.
    Last edited by Lady Sasumi; May 20, 2005 at 11:21 AM.

Newbie lapuk may be famous one day lapuk may be famous one day lapuk's Avatar
    Thanks
    if they can get high caliber actors for the series then maybe they can pull it off..but i'm pessimistic about the series.as most of you here think, i agree that it'll be the death of the series if they push through with it..

--> you

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Sasumi
    When you give an audience too much, they don't want it as bad. Which is why it would be better for Star Wars to quit why they are ahead. And have later generations redo the movies or make more squeals. Anything but a show.
    Now see in my opinion there are two sides to that. I do see your arguement. But later down the road maybe no one will even care about Star Wars enough to do anything else with it. There are always reasons to quit while you are ahead, but to me too much success isn't one of them. Now if the show completely tanks then I say Lucas should let Star Wars sit for another decade or so before he tries anything else big.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2