Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Stargate

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks

Stargate

I've been a huge fan of this former Showtime, now Scifi Channel series for quite some time now. I've grown to love the characters and the storyline. And embrace the world the writers have so beautifully created in the image of one decent scifi movie. I've currently started collecting the dvd boxsets hoping to own them all by summer's end. I'm a little bummed the show is going to undergo some major changes for its 9th season, which I think also may be its last.

Anyone else here into Stargate or even Atlantis? They usually air every friday night 8-10 on Scifi Channel. And Stargate comes on everyday around 6pm est. for anyone interested. Opinions? Comments? Do you like the show or have you even heard of it?

Otaku vb0xn4rd may be famous one day vb0xn4rd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I never really watched Stargate until last year, when I just saw an episode, really liked it, and started watching more and more. I'm a huge fan now, although I'm sorry to say the only Stargate DVD I own is the original movie. Why must box sets be so expensive!?

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks
    Haha I agree $50 is a little much but well worth it in my opinion. Usually there is about 25 episodes a season so if you think about it you're paying about $2 an episode which isnt that bad. I tried to DL episodes but I hated the quality and ended up buying the boxsets. All I can say is at least they aren't as bad as Farscape ($115). Now that is ridiculous!

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I like the original Stargate. You know, the movie? I don't really like the TV series that much. If I want SciFi action stuff, I'll watch Andromeda or Star Trek.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eriadd
    I like the original Stargate. You know, the movie? I don't really like the TV series that much. If I want SciFi action stuff, I'll watch Andromeda or Star Trek.
    Yeah, I guess we have opposite tastes in the Stargate field. I wasnt that big a fan of the movie, but love the series. Star Trek another good show with a couple great series. Not too big on Andromeda though. Never was much of a Kevin Sorbo fan. After Hercules and Kull, just cant buy him as the scifi ship captain. He doesnt have that Kirk/Picard or even Janeway captain feel.

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    It's a pretty entertaining show, but i noticed a decline in quality ever since it was sent to the sci-fi channel......it's still ok i suppose.

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks
    Stargate SG-1 was a good series could of used some work tho

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by narrator
    It's a pretty entertaining show, but i noticed a decline in quality ever since it was sent to the sci-fi channel......it's still ok i suppose.
    Are you serious! The special effects have been way better in Seasons 7 and 8 than any of the previous seasons, but if you mean in the actors I will agree. It all started with Michael Shanks taking a sebatical in season 6. Now Richard Dean Anderson is leaving the show and Amanda Tapping is pregnant so they're losing two key characters now in season 9. I'm bummed about that but the additions of Ben Browder (Farscape's Crichton), Beau Bridges, and Louis Gosset Jr. will still make it watchable for another season. I would really like to see them get to season 10 before ending it, but I think 9 might be it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast