Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Stargate

Otaku vb0xn4rd may be famous one day vb0xn4rd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    What I'd like to know is who decided to transition Jackson away from being a long-haired, glasses-wearing nerd-boy into a clean-cut, contact-wearing, chisled fighting-machine. I mean, he's completely different now than he was in the movie / Season 1.

As for the whole dying-and-coming-back thing, I think it's getting a little worn out. I mean, just how many times will the Ancients allow him to come back from the dead? Why does he get such special treatment? Well, I guess Oma has something to do with it, but still...

Eh, I need to get back to my research paper. This place eats up entirely too much of my time!

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vb0xn4rd
    What I'd like to know is who decided to transition Jackson away from being a long-haired, glasses-wearing nerd-boy into a clean-cut, contact-wearing, chisled fighting-machine. I mean, he's completely different now than he was in the movie / Season 1.

As for the whole dying-and-coming-back thing, I think it's getting a little worn out. I mean, just how many times will the Ancients allow him to come back from the dead? Why does he get such special treatment? Well, I guess Oma has something to do with it, but still...
    I willing to bet it was Shanks himself who asked for the transition. Trust me my friends and I have ripped on the new Daniel many times over, but since Jack has been gradually phased out of the show since about season 5 I think they've been looking for someone to pick up the hero/leader role and Jackson was it. Season 9 will welcome Ben Browder from Farscape into SG-1 so that makes me wonder if Jackson's role will be as prominent because if it stays the same I'd imagine his character would be almost identical to that of Browder's judged on his work as John Crichton in Farscape. I guess only time will tell on that one.

As for the dying thing, while it gets old, I love the storyline involving the ancients and how he ascends, call me a sucker for resurrection plots. I believe he probably gets special treatment because everyone considers him to be compassionate. At least more so than most humans. Therefore the Ancients bring him back to life. They like him I guess because he understands them better than any other human and I guess they feel that he can help our race progress toward understanding them better.

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks
    I've been watching SG-1 since like '99

uhh...
    I got a question: what ever happened to Jonas?
    I missed those episodes
    I was watching the reruns on Sci-Fi a couple months ago
    and after Jonas had that whole seeing-into-the-future Ho'Tar (sp?) thing
    they reset it
    now Sci-Fi are like jumping between seasons
    I'm just curious about what happened to Jonas
    that whole superhuman powers think was pretty cool

I love my girlfriend.

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks
    I don't know if i remember correctly but i think Daniel came back to help so Jonas went back to the planet he was from to help them with something. I am not sure but that is what i think happened!
    He was a good character but it did get boring kind of quickly.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yeah Jonas was like a bigger badder version of Shanks at the time (SHanks took a sebatical for a year in England to do theatre....eh). So they had to have a quick way to bring him back which meant they no longer needed Jonas. I'm bummed about that. Jonas went back to his home world and became their spokesperson with earth. He's basically like Jacob only used less now.

I was kind of hoping when Jack became General in season 9 they'd bring Jonas back into SG-1. Too bad, I bet fans wouldve loved to see that.

Newbie iancurtisrip may be famous one day iancurtisrip may be famous one day iancurtisrip's Avatar
    Thanks
    Stargate SG-1 became boring all to soon. Insted you should go back and view some old Farscape episodes. That show really ruxX, for more current viewers you should check out Numb3rs. Just pick it up att your local p2p och torrent.

Peace.

Big Brother is watching... always.

Otaku vb0xn4rd may be famous one day vb0xn4rd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Delerium

I was kind of hoping when Jack became General in season 9 they'd bring Jonas back into SG-1. Too bad, I bet fans wouldve loved to see that.
    Y'know, that would've been an awesome idea! Not that I'm too big a fan of Jonas, but it would've kind of filled the void SG1 had for a while. Instead, the writer's kind of chose to let SG1 do some scaled down/ independant missions, I guess... But, it turned out okay in the end. I mean, Reckoning pts. 1 & 2 were two of the grandest eps in the history of SG1, neh?

Thanks
    Well....no. But I mean you cant please everyone I guess. I'm not completely let down by how season 9 went and ended. It was a decent season but forgetable nonetheless, nothing really big happened. I just hope they do the romance everyone has been waiting for between Sam and Jack right and sometime soon. If they do anything at all, they need to do some sort of ending for their characters, I just dont want them to mess up the end of the series other than that they can throw any kind of crap out their call it an episode and I'll watch. In my opinion they've already locked me in until its all over.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast