Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Steamboy US Theatrical Release!

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Steamboy US Theatrical Release!

Grumble Grumble Grumble

The next major anime films to have a limited US theatrical release is Sony Pictures 'Steamboy' The offical Steamboy website has just posted a list of movie theaters that will be opening on March 18...
    http://www.sonypictures.com/cthe/ste...heaterlisting/
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie Wanderer4Ever may be famous one day Wanderer4Ever may be famous one day Wanderer4Ever's Avatar
    Thanks
    *Snaps fingers* And once again not one of those cities is anywhere near where I live.

Oh well, I'll just have to wait for the DVD release.

Otaku nova may be famous one day nova may be famous one day nova's Avatar
    Thanks
    wow, don't i feel lucky, think i'll go see it next weekend. it'll compensate for watching robots.

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    yeah there we go! thats the one......i've seen a grip of Steamboy promotional posters around my area lately and i was wondering what the word was on it....i'll definately be checking it out, it looks excellent!

ROCK N ROLL mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue's Avatar
    Upon a mound.. somewheres around ..here ?
    Thanks
    damn... I wanted to see it, but I'm sure it will be out on DVD soon enough. I've seen the trailer, and it looks awesome, but too bad I live in Reno >_<
    much love to socketto
    ...what of this mongrel architect, our broken armor soon will set, past, present, and future tense...

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

The link states that more theaters will be opening of March 25, (probably depending on the box office sales of the early openers...) so there's still hope if your not close to one of the initial openers...

Newbie barnabus may be famous one day barnabus may be famous one day barnabus's Avatar
    Thanks

Steamboy

Hello there guys. I had some time in between classes today so I went to catch a film. I saw "Steamboy" by the acclaimed Katsuhiro Otomo, the man, as I am sure all you guys know, directed "Akira." Have any of you seen it yet? It is pretty good. Very historical feel. The tones are very victorian, greys, browns. One thing that did bother me with the film was the fact that I couldn't really, truly like a character. Yes, Ray Steam (the main character and voiced by Anna Paquin) was cool and all but.... I don't know. There was nothing incredibly apparent to me that made me feel "oooh I like this guy, I want to be his friend." That sounds ridiculous I know.

You guys should see it though. Overall, good.

barnabus

Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Merging with existing thread...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast