Thread: Stella Deus: Gates of Eternity

Newbie -=_Osiris_=- may be famous one day -=_Osiris_=- may be famous one day -=_Osiris_=-'s Avatar
    Thanks

Stella Deus: Gates of Eternity

hmmmz i started playing this rpg (for ps2) couple of days ago and well...its pretty good O_O

its by the same company that made disgaea, which explains why the combat system is similar. :3

the graphics is pretty good...actually looks like a ps2 game rather than ps1 >xD

more info here http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/strategy/stelladeus/

rpg lovers, go buy it <_<!

Untouchable Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Stella Deus: Gates of Eternity

I almost choked when I read "its by the same company that made disgaea, which explains why the combat system is similar. :3."

Allow me to correcte you, Atlus developed Stella Deus, and it PUBLISHED Disgaea in America. Disgaea was developed by Nippon Ichi Software of Japan, and currently has a new publisher with thier American based Nippon Ichi of America branch. In other words, Stella Deus has zero to do with Disgaea or any of the developers.

It's a strategy RPG like Disgaea, but very different, I'd say it's no more similar to it than FFT, it just has basic Strategy RPG elements.

On a personal opinion of it, I played Stella Dues, got it right when it first came out, it was a tough to adjust to at first with the AP system but it was good. The visuals are alright, but if you play it on a bigger TV you notice how terribly low resolution they really are and they just look like a messy pile of pixels. It's not the most colorful game either, so many shades of grey and a bland blue.

It's also apparent that the Atlus was very LAZY with making this game as there are so FEW units, and aside from the occasional boss/mid-boss, there are no monsters, and you're basically fighting the same 10-15 units through the entire game without too many color variations. The units themselves for the most part don't look remotely like of how they're supposed to, I can't even tell if they're supposed to be human or not.

In other words, I can't agree with your props to the visuals, I think they're downright horrid and boring.

The system is good once you get the hang of it, but then that's it. Once you learn the system you also learn the enemy AI was dropped on its head a few too many times as a baby. The enemies are so incredibly stupid that I literally won a battle with my eyes closed once. Just random attacking won it for me, and I wasn't over leveled either. It was around that time that I returned the game and put down a preorder for Makai Kingdom.

Honestly, I would NOT reccomend buying this, give it a rental first, but I'm sure you'll either grow tired/beat it before the rental periods over. I'd suggest saving your pennies for Nippon Ichi's new S.RPG coming out in July, Makai Kingdom.
    Last edited by Raven Omega; Jun 19, 2005 at 04:51 AM.

Devoted Otaku Quick Words Champion, Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Mah Jongg Garden Champion, Haunted House Champion Cheza may be famous one day Cheza may be famous one day Cheza's Avatar
    Thanks

wow I didn't know it was the same company..thanks for the info.
    If they really had a desire to live, they would've been more aware of how easy it is to die.

Untouchable Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cheza
    wow I didn't know it was the same company..thanks for the info.
    no, NO DAMN YOU READ MORE THAN THE FIRST POST! AAAGH!

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks

Hell, if I had a nickel for everytime someone didn't bother to read more than the first post, I'd have a shitload of nickels. Enough nickels to put in a sock and beat someone 'till they're bloody.
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Omega
    no, NO DAMN YOU READ MORE THAN THE FIRST POST! AAAGH!
    Mwahaha, this is how I picure RO right now:

I have heard some bad and some mediocre stuff about it so I'm a bit wary, and after reading RO's comments I'm almost sure it's not very good.