Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Stem Cell Research

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Stem Cell Research

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata
    Grumble Grumble Grumble
    The proposed source of embryonic cells would come from left-over embryos produced for 'in-vitro' fertility treatments. Regardless of the results of the embryonic stem cell debate, these surplus embryos are 'flushed down the toliet' because it's not safe or practical to implant them once a successful pregnancy has been established. If using these embryos for embryonic stem cell research is murder, then wouldn't that imply that the entire fertility clinic industry is murder as well???
    Thanks for pointing that out. The last time I had this debate on a seperate forum they were specificly talking about stem cells used from abortions. That is what I upject to. If the source of the stem cells has changed since the last debate I've had on this then I'm more then willing to recant my objection until I'm back up to date on the full subject.

My general rule of thumb is if there is no chance that these cells could actually become human lives then I have no problem with it. If the chance of life must be destroyed, then I will oppose it...considering there are other alternitives that don't.

Is that clear enough?

Otaku PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Barronmore
    Thanks for pointing that out. The last time I had this debate on a seperate forum they were specificly talking about stem cells used from abortions. That is what I upject to. If the source of the stem cells has changed since the last debate I've had on this then I'm more then willing to recant my objection until I'm back up to date on the full subject.

My general rule of thumb is if there is no chance that these cells could actually become human lives then I have no problem with it. If the chance of life must be destroyed, then I will oppose it...considering there are other alternitives that don't.

Is that clear enough?
    Agreed. Research that kills one person in the name of saving another is unethical research.

Thinking is the leading cause of death among the stupid.
    Signature and Avatar made by Zackraa. Thanks!

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PsiKnot
    Agreed. Research that kills one person in the name of saving another is unethical research.
    I agree with that. But like it was previously said, the research is using umbilical cords and adult bone marrow as well. They don't necessarily have to use embryos or fetuses.

Otaku PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree with research that does no harm. I thought that was inplied, my bad.

Thinking is the leading cause of death among the stupid.
    Signature and Avatar made by Zackraa. Thanks!

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by solking
    I agree with that. But like it was previously said, the research is using umbilical cords and adult bone marrow as well. They don't necessarily have to use embryos or fetuses.
    I have absolutly no problem with using umbilical cords and and bone marrow for sources.

@ Spike's Rose: Wrong is wrong, rather it helps or not. Killing one life to save another is not the answer. If it is, where would it stop? Do we kill small children to save parents? Do we kill the old for the sake of the young? When is it no longer murder and becomes medical?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3