Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: SteroType

Newbie ZerOraY may be famous one day ZerOraY may be famous one day
    Thanks

SteroType

Why Must teenagers be so sterotyped. It is the oldest saying in the book your just mad because your going through changes. I'm sorry but what the heck can you seriously be saying. Change isn't somthing that will necsearily make someone depressed and have anger towards their parents.
    Now a dayes I am Just outside talking with my freinds I will be persicuted or escourted out of the premisis for talking outside of a store! what do they think that we are conspireing to blow up the store what are they thinking

AO Angel ^^ angelan may be famous one day angelan may be famous one day angelan's Avatar
    Thanks
    hrm....i agree that changes doesn't necessarily mean anger. It's just differences in opinions between your parents and you that can lead to anger. I mean when I got to a point where I believed I could take care of myself, stay out later won't get me killed, my driving isn't nearly as "scary" as my parents think, etc. They still weren't willing to let go. It's just a matter of getting things out into the open, parents letting go, and kids picking up some responsibility.

But that doesn't change other people from seeing teenagers as just being up to no good. Storeowners have the right to move you off the premises if you haven't bought anything or is just simply loitering in front of their stores, blocking people from going in and out, etc.

Lets look at it from a diff perspective shall we? I'd be a little on the edge if a few kids had robbed him before, or made a mess of the store before, etc etc. If he asks you to leave....he has that right. People just need to unwind a little, look at it from the perspective of the other person and lot less confrontation can be prevented.

I mean how would you feel if a bunch of people sat on your driveway just talking, etc. I mean seemingly doing harmless things. You still wouldn't feel right about it, right?

I didn't mean to make it sound like i'm picking on you, but I'm simply stating what I feel about society in this aspect :P
    -=|AnimeReflections|Live-Evil|My Trades|=-

Put your unused CPU to use for a good cause: |Folding@Home||Human Proteome Folding|

Otaku SenseiGohan may be famous one day SenseiGohan may be famous one day SenseiGohan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hmm hanging out in front of a store hey... Ahh i used to do that good old weed days sniff i miss them

Rou
    Otaku Rou may be famous one day Rou may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I think everything is sterotyped, we can't really help it. It's because if we don't stereotype something we can't classify it. For instance, if 90 percent of the time you goto your g-moms house, and she talks about the old days, you'll probably stereotype and say that all g-moms probably do that.

I don't think it can really be helped, but all things change with knowledge, and all things end with ignorance.

AO Angel ^^ angelan may be famous one day angelan may be famous one day angelan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rou
    I don't think it can really be helped, but all things change with knowledge, and all things end with ignorance.
    I wholeheartedly agree. People grow up learning to sterotype (or group). Too many people are so hardend with these groupings that it becomes natural. Its hard to change a persons viewpoint once it's set, but that's why we need to start early.

When a person starts out trying to really learn about something/someone before they make any judgements, they'll learn to do it naturally as they grow older and avoid trying to sterotype
    -=|AnimeReflections|Live-Evil|My Trades|=-

Put your unused CPU to use for a good cause: |Folding@Home||Human Proteome Folding|

Otaku shadowdeath may be famous one day shadowdeath may be famous one day shadowdeath's Avatar
    Thanks
    "Live and let die
    For a New greneration will evolve"

Rou
    Otaku Rou may be famous one day Rou may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by angelan
    I wholeheartedly agree. People grow up learning to sterotype (or group). Too many people are so hardend with these groupings that it becomes natural. Its hard to change a persons viewpoint once it's set, but that's why we need to start early.

When a person starts out trying to really learn about something/someone before they make any judgements, they'll learn to do it naturally as they grow older and avoid trying to sterotype
    So basically, that'll take a few thousand years... in which time we'll be dead. ^_^ However it goes quite beyond that. Genetics rule us, we think we're more unique than any other animal. The fact is we're not, we're just more advanced on a genetical level. What does all this random stuff I'm saying really mean? Things like beauty is programmed in for a reason. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that we aren't capable of breaking our code, lots of people see beyond that. However, things that are stereotyped are sterotyped for a reason.

For example, let's take beauty. Why is it we like muscles and all that? Studies have shown that babies are more inclined to study a picture of what we consider beautiful compared to that of an ugly women. Theory is that is because the more beautiful face represents the finer aspects of what a normal human should be, thus it's programmed into us.

Course I'm just saying this applies to certain things. I whole-heartly agree that starting early will end ignorance, but in sense we can't really do that can we? We're already too stooped in it, to completely isolate the child would be to leave them alone on a empty island. We're just conforming what WE want, it doesn't matter what he or she wants. We want them to look at the world diffrently. So we force them to do so at birth. Isn't that the deprecation that we're going against? You can't end stereotyping, it's impossible, i'm a realist crossed with abuddha, bring forth the sake.

Otaku shadowdeath may be famous one day shadowdeath may be famous one day shadowdeath's Avatar
    Thanks
    "Time is only set for change"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast