Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Stick figures count as art, right?

Otaku vb0xn4rd may be famous one day vb0xn4rd may be famous one day
    Thanks

Stick figures count as art, right?

So, yeah, I have a scanner now (well, its an HP PSC 1315v, so it's a printer scanner copier). I've always, and by always I mean for about 5 minutes, wanted to draw my own little comic 'n put it on the web. Trouble is, all I can draw is stick figures. Which I don't mind so much, because it adds to the overall sillyness of my comics. But still, some actual art would be nice...

So, should I...?

A) Go ahead and do the comic w/ stick figures
    B) Get one of my friends to do the drawing for me
    C) Not do the comic at all b/c it will prolly be the worst comic ever due to my involvement
    D) Go eat me a sammitch

Right now, I think I'm going for option D), but some additional input would be nice.

Newbie Tsuzo may be famous one day Tsuzo may be famous one day Tsuzo's Avatar
    Thanks
    HEY i think you should do a version with stick figures..since it would add something to the comic. like you said...and make one of your friends draw it for you..

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks
    Ofcourse Stick figures count as art, haven't you ever been to http://stickdeath.com ?

Art is what ever the artist wants it to be. thats why some people get away with splashing paint on a canvas and selling it for thousands of dollars.

Go ahead and do the comic, put it on a website, I'll read it.

Thanks
    Okay then. Thx for the input guys, keep it coming. I'm not gonna have time to get stuff going until late this evening, but I plan on having something up by tomorrow.

Otaku TakuHonji may be famous one day TakuHonji may be famous one day TakuHonji's Avatar
    Thanks

Lol

Well I would go with choice D) then A).^_^

Ones life is too short to move like a mortal
    Live by the sword
    Die by the sword
    Stay in the shadows

Thanks
    I've decided to go ahead and put one of my previous comic attempts online. It's called "g4m3r", and it's about this guy (I dunno his name) that is basically a nerd that does nerdy things. I've sucessfully scanned and tweaked the first 3 pages, which I'm now trying to upload to my Geocities webspace. You guys should be able to check it out at http://www.geocities.com/vb_0xn4rd . If I can get the files to upload. >.<

-----
    Quick Edit

BTW, the first page is a little messed up because it got all smudged in my notebook. I have neither the time to clean it up on paper nor the kung-fu to fix it in Photoshop, so it is what it is. Oh well.

-----
    Another Edit

Wow, it seems I've exceeded my maximum bandwidth. So, my site may or may not be working. Sorry if it's not!
    Last edited by vb0xn4rd; Mar 06, 2005 at 07:30 PM.

Sib
    Otaku Sib may be famous one day Sib may be famous one day Sib's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hmm, the first page is a little smeared which makes some of the text hard to read, but the rest is okay.

I think you might benifit from using a sharper pencil on plain paper, but apart from that it's a good start.

Hmmm... He's not technically human, so it wouldn't really be like cannibalism...
    .:Anime Relfections:.l.:SibArt (Being Updated):.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sib
    Hmm, the first page is a little smeared which makes some of the text hard to read, but the rest is okay.

I think you might benifit from using a sharper pencil on plain paper, but apart from that it's a good start.

Yeah, I just used a mechanical pencil on notebook paper b/c it's what I had available to me at the time.

BTW, I'm gonna go to .gif's instead of .bmp's to stretch out my webspace and bandwidth. Normally a .gif prolly wouldn't look so good, but since it's just scanned black and white pics, they don't lose a whole lot of quality.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast