Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Stop the Gallery Spamming

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks

Stop the Gallery Spamming

As usual we have a new thrend of spam, this time is the gallery. Recently there has being members that have decided to take "revenge" on others for the ratings they received in their gallery uploads by low-rating (ratings of 1 or 2) the entries from the people that posted a negative feedback.

This lack of maturity leaves us no choice but the following. From this point forward people giving low ratings without an explanation will be considered spammers (no exceptions), these members will be warned and their name will be posted in the AO's black list, if after this the spamming continues their name will be forwarded to the administration to take action against his/her account.

Q: What will be considered low-rating gallery spam?
    A: Any rating below 6 (6 and up will not be considered here) without an explanation will fall into this category.

Q: What should I do if I receive one of these low-rating posts?
    A: Most of the time nothing, as I go and check all the new post list daily, but as alternative to this you can PM me directly.

Q: Can I confront the member that spammed my images?
    A: NO, that is against the rules. There is plenty of people in the staff to handle this issues.

GallComp.
    Moderator....

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think that one reason that spamming like this is so easy is because of the "Quick rate" function.

If you disable that, then people will be forced to leave comments (like they had to do in the old AO gallery).

That should atleast help somewhat *shrugs*

jao
    Otaku jao may be famous one day jao may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Agreed. Honestly I didn't realize the quick rate was what it was when I rejoined the site. Most people don't realize they can click edit. But I have noticed low ratings without any feedback on things don't definity don't deserve them. So Cheers to the staff.

あなた& Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss's Avatar
    Qu├ębec, Canada, North America, Earth, Solar system, ... ! >_<
    Thanks
    Must really agreed with them. The quick rating section is a bad issue to the gallery. If removed, The comment will be require, and also, The double posting (rate + comment) will be removed so far.

We could also add a minimum word lengh for comment like we have or must of the posting in the forum.
    Coming soon.........

Lost in the ethernet dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004's Avatar
    Thanks
    good idea ectorus! i agree!

I PERSONALLY NEVER POST A LOW RATING WITHOUT A GOOD REASON! and i always explain.

actually most of the time i won't post a rating less than 5 unless i suspect a ripper...

Student: "Umm sensei, the question on the board is wrong."
    Teacher "SHAAAADD UP!"

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thank you Gall, seriously....hopefully this'll wisen people up a bit.

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks
    The quick Rating system can be removed just a few template edits to remove it. Do you all think it would be worth Removing the Quick Rating to stop the spamming it will make the members happy?

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks
    I myself enjoyed using the quick rating system. But I believe if it is being abused by all means remove it.

I try not to just rate and not comment. But I know I do it sometimes. But again I say. If the system is being abused, remove it.
    Seduced by Flesh

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast