Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Study

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Study

Quote Originally Posted by JefferyXie
    1.Do u study?
    Yes, of course I study. I even study stuff that you guys don't want to hear. They are forbidden you see.
    Quote Originally Posted by JefferyXie
    2.If u do,then wat is ur method for studying?
    I never confine myself to follow one particular method. So, I experiment. Anyway! I will be glad to pass some wisdom that has been passed on from my badass ancestors. Haha.

-Pay attention in class and take notes.
    -At home, go through the notes, and look up in the textbook for the things that do not make sense from the lecture notes.
    -Later, go back and read the chapters assigned by the instructor or teacher.
    -Take self-notes in your own words.
    -Before exam, go through all the notes and hit the textbook for just the concepts that need further clarification.
    -The end.

What do you know? You aced all the subjects. Haha. Just study hard. It works.

Choas Jon f may be famous one day Jon f may be famous one day Jon f's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kedar
    Yes, of course I study. I even study stuff that you guys don't want to hear. They are forbidden you see.

I never confine myself to follow one particular method. So, I experiment. Anyway! I will be glad to pass some wisdom that has been passed on from my badass ancestors. Haha.

-Pay attention in class and take notes.
    -At home, go through the notes, and look up in the textbook for the things that do not make sense from the lecture notes.
    -Later, go back and read the chapters assigned by the instructor or teacher.
    -Take self-notes in your own words.
    -Before exam, go through all the notes and hit the textbook for just the concepts that need further clarification.
    -The end.

What do you know? You aced all the subjects. Haha. Just study hard. It works.
    Hey is that knowledge you are talking about doesn't happen to be the meaning of life or the other thing that was forbidden because it almust drive menkind to death.

And here is some tips to do better at school.
    1.Have fun
    2. Talk to your friends.
    3.If you don't understand the class go to sleep or ask for help from your friends because what is the point of wasting all that time
    4. Before a test talk to your friends or clear you mind and just keep the things from that class.
    5.In the weekends party hard, because to much work screws your brain.
    6.And get yourself a girl or boyfriend, because they can make a bad day better and is something you can look up in school. Seeing them again.
    7.Don't smoke or drink in a school day and never in test day.
    8.Get in clubs because they are fun. If you {for guys mostly, but girls to }are in the U.S. get in SADD because it is made out 96% of girls. And you should found yourself a girl{A nice one because only good heart girls mostly joy} like I did And another reason they let you skip class when you have a trip because of the club.
    9.Don't have sex in school or out because you can get caught wait until you are 18 or just until the summer.
    10. I don't have any more but I just want to put ten. Ok maybe I do one more but it is for college peopel and HS. Don't work your ass out in the first nine-week because the second one is the big one. This goes for the three and four nine week tow.{This is for poeple who have the block thing. The block system is harder and easyer because you take four class for two-nine weeks and after that you change to four new class}
    Perfection is dull

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

To each there own, I normally do not study at least by most people’s definition of studying. There are three primary ways to learn, visually seeing something being done/doing it yourself. Reading about it or being told about it. Each person is stronger in areas of this than others. I am a visual person, show me something once and I will have it, tell me how to do it and I am a little weaker, ask me to read it and I am the weakest.

So to study for me means you did not learn the material the first time around, which decreases your ability to learn it own your own unless your fall into the reader’s category. I don't believe most people learn from studying (meaning the way most people study is for short term memorization, then after the test they don't remember a thing).

Furthermore the reason I state this is because how many people "can't focus" on the material? This is due to the complexity of the material (or the perceived complexity), a lack of knowledge about the material and a lack of desire to learn the material (we don't see the benefit from knowing it).

I agree this isn't true for all but in general it is right on the mark. True studying is something that is done in small amounts. 30 minutes a day was mentioned earlier, if you focus on a small concept or idea and don't memorize the meaning but rather contemplate the meaning or purpose you will gain knowledge and actually remember the material (at least for a longer amount of time, our brains are designed to break down neural pathways that aren’t used after a “X” amount of time).

So yes I study, but very little each and everyday and I focus on the meaning of the material, not a definition of it.

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes I do study like evryone else.
    My study method is kinda different ... so-
    In school - Pay attention and summarise notes.
    In recess - Study or go over notes
    Back to lesson, listen to the teacher, make notes, take the homework ...
    In lunch - Finish off any work that's left, revise, study, read manga [only after all my studying]
    Come home, rest, finish homework and study for the coming day.
    And I can relax in my free time.

Oh and also revision for the week during the weekends.
    That's all

Choas Jon f may be famous one day Jon f may be famous one day Jon f's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer
    To each there own, I normally do not study at least by most people’s definition of studying. There are three primary ways to learn, visually seeing something being done/doing it yourself. Reading about it or being told about it. Each person is stronger in areas of this than others. I am a visual person, show me something once and I will have it, tell me how to do it and I am a little weaker, ask me to read it and I am the weakest.

So to study for me means you did not learn the material the first time around, which decreases your ability to learn it own your own unless your fall into the reader’s category. I don't believe most people learn from studying (meaning the way most people study is for short term memorization, then after the test they don't remember a thing).

Furthermore the reason I state this is because how many people "can't focus" on the material? This is due to the complexity of the material (or the perceived complexity), a lack of knowledge about the material and a lack of desire to learn the material (we don't see the benefit from knowing it).

I agree this isn't true for all but in general it is right on the mark. True studying is something that is done in small amounts. 30 minutes a day was mentioned earlier, if you focus on a small concept or idea and don't memorize the meaning but rather contemplate the meaning or purpose you will gain knowledge and actually remember the material (at least for a longer amount of time, our brains are designed to break down neural pathways that aren’t used after a “X” amount of time).

So yes I study, but very little each and everyday and I focus on the meaning of the material, not a definition of it.
    Men that is deep in a way. But still the best way to learn something is to just see how it is did and do it yourself.
    Perfection is dull

Otaku Foreshadow may be famous one day Foreshadow may be famous one day Foreshadow's Avatar
    Thanks

I try to study at least a little everyday so that I actually know what I'm learning and hopefully won't forget all of it once the unit or test is over.

My studying pattern:

Morning: go over some of it in my head (that is if I'm awake enough)

First 1/2 of School: take notes in class, ask any questions that need answering and right them down.

Lunch: Study with my friends/quiz one another.

Second 1/2: Same as first.

Home: first finish homework, study for the test, then I have the rest of the night off.

---DaRe tO bE nO oNe BuT yOuRsElF---
    {My Blogsite: RR+CV}

Community Dude Asteroids Champion dude101 may be famous one day dude101 may be famous one day dude101's Avatar
    Thanks

well i don't really study on a daily basis, otherwise i would go mad, i can really only take about an hour or two of study and thats it. but they best way i know how to study is get into a study group, where friend ask question about thing they don't understand and vis versa. it really help your understanding about most of the thing u know at a higher level of understanding. and so far i have go nothing but top marks, it really works, especially if u have smart friends.

Dear Prudence JustLoseIt may be famous one day JustLoseIt may be famous one day JustLoseIt's Avatar
    Thanks

Shove my nose in the book and study like a mad woman....^^

Hahah well when I need to memorize like Definitions you'll hear me talking to myslef alot...Cuz I saw the Definitions over and over to myself....you might hear a "ARggggggg" everynow and then too O.O

Wel I just study what needs to be studied and yeah....I don't really like it though.

Thanks Pyroo. :]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast