Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The stupidest* thing someone has asked u at work?

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Haha, don't blame people like that. They are OCD, and it's not their fault. I know, one of my friends is like that, so I don't let him come over to my place too often, cuz he wigs out since it is messy.

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by narrator
    Well when i was working as a janitor at Mel's Drive-in on Hollywood Boulevard a person came up to me while i was mopping around and cleaning off some tables and asked me "Hey, can you get that? It's really bothering me...." (he points at a spot i missed). At that moment....i gave him a look like i was about to stuff my mop up his ass and then said........"sure........"
    GAhh, i dislike people like that.. They think they're saying some'n helpful... when they're just being a smart arsss... Maybe he was one of those people that are afraid of dirt, lol.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Otaku ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23's Avatar
    Thanks
    Oh, Lord, where do I begin? I guess I got some of the stupidest questions while working for ADT, the alarm monitoring company. I used to monitor the alarms and would have to call the police, fire dept, etc when an alarm came in. So I'd get a lot of people asking why their fire alarms were going off and why the fire dept was at their house, when they had just told me that they burned dinner and there was smoke everywhere.

ROCK N ROLL mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue's Avatar
    Upon a mound.. somewheres around ..here ?
    Thanks
    O_O wow, I have this problem disliking people in the first place. I'm glad I'm too young to get a part-time job still. I don't wanna think about dealing with sheep yet >_< AAHHHHH. I'm so lucky . . . until next summer
    much love to socketto
    ...what of this mongrel architect, our broken armor soon will set, past, present, and future tense...

Otaku ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mamimi_rue
    O_O wow, I have this problem disliking people in the first place.
    I know the feeling!!! That's why i can't work retail anymore. I used to work at Walmart, and I truly believe it's the breeding pool for all the stupidity in the world.

Otaku Wonderlandless may be famous one day Wonderlandless may be famous one day Wonderlandless's Avatar
    Thanks
    "Are you gay?"

I'm asked that quite often. Well, lets see. I'm a male who does make-up for a living, and I wear some of it myself.

No, I'm as straight as an arrow.

Another time, this woman asked me: "I do put on my foundation before putting on the loose powder, right?" Well duh. Wet powder = cakey make-up.

I think the best one was: "I have dark skin, what shade of make-up should I get?"
    No trees were harmed in the sending of this message. However,
    a great number of electrons were terribly
    inconvenienced

Love with its back turned My manga highschool love story.

Otaku Rodion may be famous one day Rodion may be famous one day Rodion's Avatar
    Thanks
    As someone who is assigned to train non-computer-literate people at work, and as someone who really is patient with people who have a hard time with PCs, I really should'nt be saying this, but I thought it would be ok since I won't be mentioning her name.

I was teaching MS Office to some older folk one time, and while we were discussing how to use the Windows Graphical User interface, and I was lecturing on how to use the mouse (I actually haven't started showing them how to use it, but some adventurous folk did some testing on their own), a lady called my attention and said, "The mouse doesn't work!" I calmly moved toward her, thinking that the mouse may have had some physical/electronic defect. When I got to her table, she said, "It says in our manual that you have to 'point and click', but see? It doesn't work!" And she demonstrated it to me...

...she took the mouse, pointed it on the screen like a TV remote, and clicked.

Poor lady...

Man, I had to hold my laughter til the end of the training session (that was tough to do!)

I thought things like this only happened in movies (Star Trek Movie no. 5, the Scotty meets an "ancient" Macintosh computer scene), but it happened in my lab!

-RODION
    "Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better than not to think at all."
    - Hypatia of Alexandria

Newbie jaiden may be famous one day jaiden may be famous one day jaiden's Avatar
    Thanks
    3 that i can think of off the top of my head..

1. ok..its not quite work (yet as with luck i will be official instructor soon) I was carrying all my fencing equipment (was in jacket) had my helmet by my side, carrying a load of trainig sword (as was doing a demonstration) so was a bit overlaide with stuff...and some bright spark came up and said "hey do you fence?"...that was pretty dumm.

2. was working part time at tescos was sat on tills day-dreaming as the store was dead at 11:30 pm on a sat (horrid hours i know) so no one about and some normal person came up and asked, "are you busy?"

and finally
    3. Worked (again part time) at Argos, and someone came up to me at customer services and asked " can you help me please i'm looking for some blind that match my wallpaper at home....."
    those are the three i can think of that shocked me the most
    a quote for this "we are ll born ignorent, but it takes effort to remain that way"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast