Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Styling XP?

Newbie Nuriko. may be famous one day Nuriko. may be famous one day Nuriko.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Styling XP?

see i dowload it and then got a crack for it to see if to work if along times anyways now it will not work so i unint it but im about to go try it ag i tell you what happens lol :P...

Otaku sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh, that's why it won't work: 'crack' is bad. Style XP has a fully-functional, expiring demo. You install it, see if it works with your computer, and after 15 (or 30) days it requires you to register to continue using it. You might uninstall the cracked version and try installing the official version. If the cracked code is in your Windows registry, the software may continue to not work.

I can't vouch for the other software, but from their websites, they all do about the same thing: get rid of the green "start" button and customize colour schemes. Good luck.

Otaku death_knight may be famous one day death_knight may be famous one day death_knight's Avatar
    Thanks

That ins't necesarrily the problem though. Style xp has deferent makes for different build of windows xp. that is. style xp for winxp with sp 1.1, another for build of sp 2, another for winxp pro without service pack. each have differences in the software design and will not run on all xp builds.

Basicaly you gotta get the right build of Stylexp for the right build of Xp.
    Opensources is where my heart is
    Ishida Uryuu - The true one winged angel

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

If you want to make your computer look like a Mac, get the FlyakiteOSXv2.0 transformation pack, its 22mb, but worth the download.

http://osx.portraitofakite.com/logon.htm

This will also disable xp's lock on putting custom styles, and you can install all the ones you want.

Don't be afraid about this screwing up your system, it has a uninstaller.

Otaku Zdenek may be famous one day Zdenek may be famous one day Zdenek's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by death_knight
    There are groups of programs that can achieve this. Style xp just happens to be the more popular of the group. If your intersted you can also try Aston, Windowblindz, lite step. My memory fails me at the moment about the others but a simple google will solve that for you. For themes you may visit http://www.belchfire.net, they have got the widest array of themes for all the theming applications accross the board.

*ps. Aston is apparently more of a shell program. Meaning it doesnt' theme your winexplorer shell it actually runs its own shell application "not explorer but aston it self". I hope i'm not confusing you, am I?
    Let me put some warning on this: WindowBlinds - NEVER! It comsumes too much resources!! Seriously, no!
    Aston - better, but supports English alphabet only. I think it will work with French as well, because they (I think) use the same character set. Other than that cannot use Aston or the national characters will be messed up.
    I recommend StyleXP. Thanks to using the Windows' built-in skinning engine, it's the fastest and most compatible. You will want to apply the Uxtheme.dll Multi-Patcher to prevent the system from falling back to non-skinned layout on every other reboot, because that library is supposed to protect the system from using non-Microsoft skins.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2