Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sub Or Dub

Newbie KAMI may be famous one day KAMI may be famous one day KAMI's Avatar
    Thanks

Question Sub Or Dub

Lol,I had to ask this really,as i D/L all my anime I have to say sub,cos,well.i just never get chance to hear dub [England]
    Am I missing out on good quality dub?

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks
    I know all the sub extremeist will come on and say "know your not their all crap". I say bahh to that. There are lots of good dubs, like cowboy bebop, yu yu hakusho, Inuyasha(IMHO), Evangelion, GoldenBoy, Kare Kano, and Ranma 1/2.

Newbie KAMI may be famous one day KAMI may be famous one day KAMI's Avatar
    Thanks
    aww that makes me feel bad as i wont get to hear them
    This really sucks,its impossible to find anime DVD's in shops here,and my parents wont lemme get stuff off amazon or Ebay!
    I'll just have to keep ordering manga from bookstores

Otaku Dragor may be famous one day Dragor may be famous one day Dragor's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well I'd also have to say dubbed is better, but only because I can't stand reading subtitles. I always feel that while I'm trying to read the subs and trying to watch at the same time, that I might miss something kool, or important.
    Dreams come true, but nightmares do too.

Life isn't a game, it's just a referal to the time you exist on this playground called Earth.

Otaku dave_akuma may be famous one day dave_akuma may be famous one day dave_akuma's Avatar
    Thanks
    lately i've come to prefer subbed, as most of the time the english dubbed voice acting is usually very poor (you can even say ridiculous at times) and besides, i keep hearing about how the english translations aren't always perfect...as far as missing something important cuz you're reading the subtitles, just rewind (or whatever you call it on dvd) and watch that part again, no big deal...

Otaku Dragor may be famous one day Dragor may be famous one day Dragor's Avatar
    Thanks
    I realize I can just rewind, but I like to go through the episode without interuptions so that I can take it all in as it goes, I don't like to mix up things up.

The only solution to getting the best out of anime would just be to learn japanese, time consuming and hard work, but I'm sure it's worth the effort. I don't know japanese, but I plan on learning it some time in the future, as it can be very beneficial not only for anime, but being a gamer, and planning on being involved in electonics as a buisness it would be in my best interests.
    Dreams come true, but nightmares do too.

Life isn't a game, it's just a referal to the time you exist on this playground called Earth.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dave_akuma
    lately i've come to prefer subbed, as most of the time the english dubbed voice acting is usually very poor (you can even say ridiculous at times) and besides, i keep hearing about how the english translations aren't always perfect...as far as missing something important cuz you're reading the subtitles, just rewind (or whatever you call it on dvd) and watch that part again, no big deal...
    I hear ya, but i dont find dubs bad. Im usually too into the story to care if the voices were totally right for the part or whatever. Also many are very plzing to me.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    I prefer videos that let you do both. That way I can have my cake and eat it to.

Other then that it depends on how tired I am. If I'm really tired I prefer dubbed, if not, subbed.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast