Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sub Or Dub

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Yeah, even though I personally prefer subs, it really depends on the situation. If I'm watching anime with a group of my friends, then we usually watch it dubbed. It's just so we're not all clumped around the television trying to read the script. If it's just me and a friend or just by myself, I watch it subbed.

Otaku Kira may be famous one day Kira may be famous one day Kira's Avatar
    Thanks
    dubbed?! NO Dubbed. The voice acting always sucks. You'll miss all the original emotion act by the Japanese voice actors.

AO Angel ^^ angelan may be famous one day angelan may be famous one day angelan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragor
    Well I'd also have to say dubbed is better, but only because I can't stand reading subtitles. I always feel that while I'm trying to read the subs and trying to watch at the same time, that I might miss something kool, or important.
    what if you miss some outragous joke admist the translation and dub? it HAS happened :P i just wanted to point it out. if you get a dvd and have the time try it with some dubs that you're not so happy with, turn on both the dub and sub and read along to what they're saying.....the discrepancies may surprise you

but also the reverse has happened...esp w/chinese stuff. I myself understand chinese but when subtitles are there sometimes i read it naturally....funny funny translations ensue :P
    -=|AnimeReflections|Live-Evil|My Trades|=-

Put your unused CPU to use for a good cause: |Folding@Home||Human Proteome Folding|

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by angelan
    what if you miss some outragous joke admist the translation and dub? it HAS happened :P i just wanted to point it out. if you get a dvd and have the time try it with some dubs that you're not so happy with, turn on both the dub and sub and read along to what they're saying.....the discrepancies may surprise you

but also the reverse has happened...esp w/chinese stuff. I myself understand chinese but when subtitles are there sometimes i read it naturally....funny funny translations ensue :P
    Non-japanese ppl wouldnt get the joke anyway. It probably wouldnt translate.

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks
    I have to settle with Dubbed due to my vision problem XD so yeah Dubbed for me

Newbie Master Pivot may be famous one day Master Pivot may be famous one day Master Pivot's Avatar
    Thanks
    I prefer subtitles. I've tried dubs before and while some are OK, quite a few make me want to hurl.

Urd
    Newbie Urd may be famous one day Urd may be famous one day Urd's Avatar
    The land of thousand lakes and the midnightsun!
    Thanks
    Subsubsubsubsubsubsubsubsub! Gotta vote for subs! English isn't even my native language, so it's quite hard sometimes to read the subs, but Japanese is just so cool!

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks
    dub dub dub dub dub dub dub! Gotta vote for dubs! .......lol

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast