Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sub Or Dub

Newbie Himura_Patty may be famous one day Himura_Patty may be famous one day Himura_Patty's Avatar
    Thanks
    definetly sub over dub...*still attempting to extract the shreiking sound of kenshin's voice in english from memory...
    It just sounds better in japanese!
    granted there are a few series that were properly dubbed, shinesmen for one...well, i'm not quite sure if it was properly dubbed but it sound ok...quite funny too...too bad there were only 2 episodes...
    Himura Patty, also known as the Devil...oh yeah...I am Batman!

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Himura_Patty
    definetly sub over dub...*still attempting to extract the shreiking sound of kenshin's voice in english from memory...
    It just sounds better in japanese!
    granted there are a few series that were properly dubbed, shinesmen for one...well, i'm not quite sure if it was properly dubbed but it sound ok...quite funny too...too bad there were only 2 episodes...
    See you say it sounds better in japanese, and that was probably the way you heard it first right? If you seen it the english way first, you would probably not have a problem with it. I liked his voice.

Otaku Purplefire may be famous one day Purplefire may be famous one day Purplefire's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KAMI
    Lol,I had to ask this really,as i D/L all my anime I have to say sub,cos,well.i just never get chance to hear dub [England]
    Am I missing out on good quality dub?

You'll have to decide that on your own, cause its more of a personal opinion then anything else, but for me, I think all dubs suck. Including the ones of AS (Sorry to all you CN fans out there) I prefer sub, and watch subbed anime when I can. Its much better to watch the original then to listen to really horribly done voices.

80% Evil l 5% Insane l 15% Addict l 0% Lack of Guinea Pigs
    lAnime TalklAnime OnlinelOtaku BoardslMini Tokyo

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks
    Like you said thats your opinion, I listen to subs and it just wasnt no big deal for me. Id rather listen to the dubs.

Newbie zerosconcubine may be famous one day zerosconcubine may be famous one day zerosconcubine's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Purplefire
    You'll have to decide that on your own, cause its more of a personal opinion then anything else, but for me, I think all dubs suck. Including the ones of AS (Sorry to all you CN fans out there) I prefer sub, and watch subbed anime when I can. Its much better to watch the original then to listen to really horribly done voices.

Why must people always go by the general stero-types? Not all English dubbing jobs are bad. It is about personal preference, nothing more, nothing less. Open up your mind alittle.

As for what I prefer, I enjoy doth subtitles anime, and English Dubbed anime.After all, it all turns up being the same thing, regaurdless.
    JOURNAL|SHEZZYART|ROCKDUB

Wallow in my pain
    I swallow as I pretend
    To act like I'm happy

Gundam Builder Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x's Avatar
    Thanks
    Dubs make anime sound great like Cowboy Bebop while it makes other sound like crap, like Gundam Seed. I prefer subs most of the time when watching anime.

Newbie Macky may be famous one day Macky may be famous one day Macky's Avatar
    Thanks
    In my opinion both are good, but i like watching subbed, mainly because when it dubbed they can take things out of context. What we have is australia is all the dubbed anime has the subbed version (this is dvd of course). So u have the choice. But downloading i only download subbed.

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Bah, this is such a stupid argument to begin with. It's obviously going to lead to the war between Sub-worshippers and Dub-worshippers. I'm grabbing a BFG and hiding in a hole somewhere.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast