Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Subconcious racism in football??

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Subconcious racism in football??

I know there isn't a whole lot of sports fan here in AO, let alone fan of the national football league. On top of that I don't think anyone who's not a hardcore football or college football fan will have heard of Timmy Chang. Even for me, living on the west coast I have heard of him a while ago...

so here's an article and I just want to see what you guys think about this:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ang/index.html

comments?? questions??

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pyoro-pyoro
    I know there isn't a whole lot of sports fan here in AO, let alone fan of the national football league.
    You couldn't be more wrong Pyoro, I've been a bonafide Carolina Panther fan for 11 years and I'll die one. A Panther fan living in L.A. .....you can't make that stuff up. but uh yeah im familiar with this story and i saw a bit about it on espn recently, really is an interesting scenario. I didn't catch the entire report but what i saw was quite enough, I really hope that he annihilates all stereotypes and defeats the odds in the league.

oh your link is broken btw..
    Last edited by narrator; Apr 15, 2005 at 11:02 PM.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    really the link is broken?? oh okay you guys can try http://cnnsi.com then perhaps search for the article written by Don Banks

but yea, I know there are fans here but what I meant was there wouldn't be a whole lot

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something

Newbie roly_poly may be famous one day roly_poly may be famous one day roly_poly's Avatar
    Thanks
    i'm a sports fan, though not an nfl one.

but with the article, i seriously haven't seen a lot of asians from western countries in sports. maybe in table tennis and badminton but we [my buddies and i] have a theory that thats only because they weren't good enough for their native country. if you think about, if chang does do well, then the supporters of the opposition will always say stuff like 'go back to studying' or something like that. even his side will do that when he fails.

but is he like a rising super star or is he just like any other quarter back?

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roly_poly

but with the article, i seriously haven't seen a lot of asians from western countries in sports. maybe in table tennis and badminton but we [my buddies and i] have a theory that thats only because they weren't good enough for their native country. if you think about, if chang does do well, then the supporters of the opposition will always say stuff like 'go back to studying' or something like that. even his side will do that when he fails.

Actually it's believed here in america(at least where I'm at.) that Europeans and Asians think Football is a sissy sport, boring, and uneventful. Of course they have their version which is Rugbe or however you spell it, and then of course our soccer is their football. America is the one with weird sports.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roly_poly

im not sure whether he is a rising star or not, but his stats says a whole lot...but we also have to factor in the conference he plays in so we dont know how to evaluate him anyways he is part of this years draft hopefuls

If anyone know Tom Brady, they would be careful for doubting and misevaluating talent

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks
    The problem with Timmy Chang is not his race, it's the system he played in at Hawaii. The offensive system that the coach, June Jones, uses is the "run-n-shoot" offense. The run-n-shoot is designed to put up gaudy offensive numbers. I know this because the offensive system I played under in college was the run-n-shoot. In one game my school's quarterback set 3 NCAA football records because our playbook was 99% pass and 1% run. The system made our QB look good and it has made Timmy Chang look good. Past history has shown that QB's from run-n-shoot schools (most notably Dave Klingler and Andre Ware from the Univ. of Houston) end up being duds at the pro level.
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

Thanks
    if we want to talk about duds there's always the infamous Ryan Leaf, and I mean he was good and it wasn't quite the system...I know what you mean Zui but we can see that peyton manning is doing okay...all chang needs is a good system and a line that can protect hiim

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast