Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Suggestions for PS1 games

BoZ
    Newbie BoZ may be famous one day BoZ may be famous one day BoZ's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Suggestions for PS1 games

wow for the ps1, lol didnt know ppl still play that no offense. anyway a defiant must play is final fantasy 7 and 8. sorry but i dont know too many good rpg games for the ps1, but u can never go wrong with final fantasy

Newbie Brother may be famous one day Brother may be famous one day Brother's Avatar
    Thanks

Can't believe there are those still willing to play these classics (oh god, I have a whole list, so bear with me).
    Suikoden II - clean and well made RPG but is a classic so it is harder to find
    Ogre Battle - another classic that would be hard to find but is a very good strategy/RPG that sets apart from the others
    Azure Dreams - Lots of stuff to do in this RPG and if bad graphics aren't a problem then I would recommend this
    Legend of Dragoon - The first one on my list that is a 3D RPG. Personally I loved this one, and even my friends who hate RPGs liked it.
    Vandal Hearts - another strategy/RPG like FF Tactics and Ogre Battle. Highly reccomended.
    If you can, get all the FF's even some are not that great because they're great to have. Plus, I think FF6 is multi-player.

All the rest are recommended but I have no personal experience with these games:
    Brigadine
    Beyond the Beyond
    Legend of Legaia
    Alundra (not the second one)
    Vagrant Story
    Tales of Destiny
    Grandia (I've played it a little but I stopped playing because of the story line)
    Guardian's Crusade (better for starting RPGers)

Well, Have fun!

In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti

Newbie vash the typhoon may be famous one day vash the typhoon may be famous one day
    Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Suggestions for PS1 games

Quote Originally Posted by Vasarian
    Well as the title of the thread say I wonder if anyone could suggest me a good RPG game for PS1. I got time to waste because I finished my summer job earlier than expected because I injured my arm at my job (sad story isn't it?) and since my friends are all working 40hours/week I got nothing really to do with this injured arm... oh yeah here a list of the games that I have (the one who are not there are games that I probably didn't play) : FF7-8-9, Lunar : Eternal Blue, Harvest Moon , Dragon Warrior 7, Star Ocean 2nd story and Chrono Cross.
    i think Legend Of Dragoon
    It is a great game for ps1
    The graphs are ok. The gameplay is long though. it has about 4 discs to it. Great game

Otaku ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd have to say Xenogears for sure, that game clocks in at well over 100 hours, and the story is pretty good, with some unique (for it's time) combat. I still haven't finished it. And I've always been partial to Legend of Dragoon; it's a pretty looking game, by ps1 standards. They storyline isn't bad, but I mostly like the combat; it's a lot less tedious than most rpgs.

And I remember now, at the top of my lungs in my arms, she dies, she dies.

Controlling you through a chip in your butt since 2004

Newbie king_sesshomaru may be famous one day king_sesshomaru may be famous one day king_sesshomaru's Avatar
    Thanks

Question Re: Suggestions for PS1 games

Here is the ultamite list of games (of all the ones that i've played) that you should be happy with. FFIX: one of the best rpgs ever and stunning graphics for the ps1,
    Castlevania SOTN: a great game if your a vampire person and a great game if your not, If your into fighting games marvel vs. capcom is my recommendation, and to top it off a good adventure/fps I picked metal gear solid(the original), and I completely forgot about my favorite ps1 game Final Fantasy Tactics: brilliant storyline, amazing character class depth, like a gillion classes of characters and best of all secrets and lots of them.
    Last edited by king_sesshomaru; Aug 26, 2005 at 01:37 AM.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Basicly anything by Squaresoft/SquareEnix, Legend of Dragoon, Grand Tourismo 1 and 2, the Tekken games, Front Mission 3 (thats a Squaresoft game), and Xenogears (Again, a squaresoft game, but still worth mentioning on its own).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4