Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Suicide-About it, why? How? What about it?

Otaku AnimeAficianado may be famous one day AnimeAficianado may be famous one day AnimeAficianado's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Suicide-About it, why? How? What about it?

Quote Originally Posted by pyoro-pyoro
    hmmm yes I have read your journal aficianado, and here is what I believe:
    as much as we all say stuff like suicide is for weak minded, and just ignored them I totally don't agree with those
    most of the time suicide is driven by impulse and emotion, but still it takes a lot to slit ones wrist or jump off a building. So it would be wrong to say it's for the weak minded. As for saying just ignore those people that's also a sad excuse for a resolution, because not many people had been made fun of by the whole school. And trust me I know, cuz my classmate was one of those victims.

As for this secret, if it will simmer down later then you can hopefully ignore, but if it's one of those life changing ones, you have to make changes. Like changing school and starting off fresh. If I am youre in middle school right?? Middle schoolers are worse jerks than immature kids from elementary. So either you change school, or make them shut their mouth. NO PLEASE DO NOT DO THAT COLUMBINE THING PLEASE.
    I meant changes as in, school, your image, or simply get your friend expelled (payback), and NO NO SHOOTING...that's how reality is and there's a saying "want to get rid of a group of bandits, simply get the leader" in this case the friend who backstabbed you

Suicide is not the best way in your or in other many situations.
    actually, i'm in high school, 9th grade, and for the leader, there is no leader... it's all my so called "friends" that went and stabbed me in the back, not just one, or else i could have ended it long ago, and no, it's not something that will simmer down either... it's a hopeless situation for me. And don't worry i wouldn;t go out on a shooting spree, anything i would do would be self related out of self-pity, so no worries there...lol. I don't know what to do, i'm in 9th grade, so everything is just starting and already everything is ruined for good, i don't know where to turn, i can't go to the school for help because it's a personal secret, they will want to know it as well to help me, and the last thing i want is for any school faculty to know it... God, that would only make things much worse and more embarrasing for me...

Otaku Kikieru may be famous one day Kikieru may be famous one day Kikieru's Avatar
    Thanks

This topic reminds me about those things you hear about the samurai, and if they dishonored their family or didn't do something right in battle, *shing* they'd stab themselves for the honor. I never understood that, can anyone figure out what is so great about suicude that these group of people did it? I don't see what's so great about sucicide. I can't even spell it right, because it's not so great.
    Honor is a strong institution in which a person is bound, but in the way of the samurai, you cannot make up for your mistakes if youre dead.

...Sacrifice is different, we all sacrifice something, time, energy, blood etc, think about all the sacrifice which youre country is built on, every country has its dark foundation, from the sacrifice of many, brought you this luxury.

Newbie Mage Majic may be famous one day Mage Majic may be famous one day Mage Majic's Avatar
    Thanks

Honestly, I think about suicide a lot. Sometimes I wish I could commit suicide but why I don't, I think its because on the scale of 1-10 my life has always been a 2-4. I never have had it easy and refuse to commit suicide cause I believe things can only get better for me.
    Defending your country doesn't mean that your cause for fighting is to defend the people or the government of your nation.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

When you "sacrifice" yourself, that's not suicide unless you yourself end yourself. I know what a sacrifice is, but sacrifice should not be put infront of suicide since they're two different things. And as far as what I know, samurai who have failed, were to kill themselves. I am puzzled by the samurai's views of that being honorable.

Newbie Onime no Kyo may be famous one day Onime no Kyo may be famous one day
    Thanks

Hmm.. Its a big problem if you frequently think about suicide as young as you are. One thing I can say is if you know the route of the problem eliminate it. I would suggest a transfer of schools. If you were like a senior I wouldnt say such things but from where you stand now it will only get worse as you progress in high school. Some say people eventually grow out of teasing and bullying but I dont really buy that jazz. If every single person in your school is that way to you, chances are people wont let it go. As for being weak minded, I dont believe that. A person can only be pushed so far till they reach the point where it doesnt even matter how headstrong or how much inner strength they have. I know its hard man, I know. I used to be the fat kid that everyone picked on. I knew the problem and dealt with it. Its always easier to change yourself than to change other people. Think if theres any reason to why these people are treating you in such a way. If unfortunatly its simply for there amusment then theres nothing you can really do. I lost the weight not to be accepted by the people who happened to be teasing me, but because I wanted to. It may have added to my desire but there was always the drive. Plus I knew no matter where I went the teasing would always be with me. Thats another thing thats often hard to accept. It will always be around even if you transfer schools. It simply gives you a chance to show people how you really are inside. It seems like it cant get any worse but trust me, theres always someone else out there dealing with more bullshit than you are. If they can make it through the hard times, so can you. Suicide is selfish if anything. Your parents gave birth to you, raised you to the best of their ability. Not to mention virtually dedicated their life to you. It would cause a wound in your families heart that would never heal, even if they say they've gon on. That kind of sorrow can not be compared to anything. Theres always an alternative.
    Last edited by Onime no Kyo; Jun 22, 2005 at 04:48 PM.
    [Signature Size violation] Removed by Moderators

Otaku AnimeAficianado may be famous one day AnimeAficianado may be famous one day AnimeAficianado's Avatar
    Thanks

I have things handled now. I know exactly what i'm going to do, school out for the summer so I have a good long while to do what I need to. Though everyone in my school is laughing at me, the first kid who started it, who let my secret out... he's the only reason it keeps going because whenever things begin to die down he brings it right back up. I'm gonna go take care of the kid once and for all. And no, don't get worried, it's not what you probably think, i'm going to go tell the kid to stop, he was my best-friend so i'll give him a warning... if he won't stop i'll fight him... I really don't want to, and i don't know if I can win, but i'll stay on him untill he promises to stop, and if he starts i'll go after him all over again. He'll either stop when I ask, or i'll stop him with force. It's the only way he will listen. So I will do it! I know you guys have tried to help and you have a lot, but for this guy it's the only way to get through... so I have to if I want this to stop. And also others will stop when they see I mean buisiness when I say I want them to stop as well.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

I am glad you figured out who the head of the bandits is, let's pray you don't have to get into trouble.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Newbie Stormraven may be famous one day Stormraven may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark.
    When you "sacrifice" yourself, that's not suicide unless you yourself end yourself. I know what a sacrifice is, but sacrifice should not be put infront of suicide since they're two different things. And as far as what I know, samurai who have failed, were to kill themselves. I am puzzled by the samurai's views of that being honorable.
    Agreed that sacrifice should never be put in the same catagory, but here's a modern day example that might help you understand.
    There was a sci-fi writer awhile back (he wrote some really good stuff, so don't think it was lack of talent) that commited suicide. At the time, he had some personal problems but the apparent clincher for him was the fact that he was poor/bankrupt and viewed himself as a drain on his family and friends and didn't see anyway out. So to stop being a drain/shameful embaressment, he suicided. The painful irony is that a check he didn't know about was in the mail, and he would have been set.
    So sometimes people suicide, not from selfishness, but from a kind of twisted unselfishness, one that is blind to the greater hurt they would cause.

With the Samurai it was considered 'honorable' because they were not in their minds killing themselves - they were killing their shame, essentially taking it with them to their graves and leaving their lord or family in the clear. There was also a degree of respect (however misplaced) for those who had the courage to carry it through.

Not one of the better quirks of a society but logical in it's way for a culture where honor was all.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast