Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Suicide-About it, why? How? What about it?

Otaku Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Suicide-About it, why? How? What about it?

http://www.cdc.gov/ncipc/factsheets/suifacts.htm
    Suicide is the third leading cause of death among young people ages 15 to 24. In 2001, 3,971 suicides were reported in this group (Anderson and Smith 2003).
    In 2001, 5,393 Americans over age 65 committed suicide. (CDC 2004).
    Which means 1422 more elderly people committed suicide than teenagers. While people seem to be hung up on thinking that suicide is a teenage epidemic, it's clear that the at risk group is Senior citizens.

(Teenage Suicide)

Suicide is talked about so much by teenagers that it's almost lost it's shock. It seems as though committing suicide just doesn't have that heart stopping reaction to it that it once had. It's become mainstream, and an easy answer or threat to anyone who feels depressed or is bullied at school.

80's and 90's kids are products of the emo consumer whore poor me generations. Kids of the baby boomer's. Suicide which once was a hush hush don't talk about taboo that they made after school specials about is now a mainstream fad like school shootings. "I'm young, depressed and angry." That is pretty much the motto of anyone who is or was a teenager in the last 15 years. The solution? Suicide. Of course, it's the perfect answer. Because you can either die: and then not have to deal with anything ever again, while having everyone mourning over you. Or not die: but have the attention of everyone close to you. Hey either way you win.

Not too many people anymore are ashamed to casually mention their suicide attempts or survival from a suicide attempts. They wear the scars almost proudly like $200 CK jeans. Before suicide meant crazy, today it means normal the solution to all life's problems. It seems like teenagers are just jumping on the depression and suicide bandwagon because it's trendy.

Committing suicide because your boyfriend/girlfriend broke up with you is just an example of rash thinking. At the very most you've been with that person for 2-3 years (At most). Ending you're life over a relationship is just a total waste. The fact of the matter is there is always going to be someone else, plus the fact teenagers don't have the emotional maturity to even know what real love is, what you most likely have is some hormonal attachment.

Another prime example is bullying. A lot of the time the bullied allow it to happen with out actually going to adults. (Though I do realize that a lot do go to adults and they are of no help). But there are times when they try and handle it themselves thinking adults wouldn't understand. It's almost a misconception that teachers or the principals won't take action in a harassment case. If you can't handle it yourself and it's driving you to suicide you're only hurting yourself not telling someone who can handle it. And I hate to say this but I am pretty sure there are more people who have been bullied in their life than people who have been doing the bullying. If you think people don't know what you're going through you're wrong, more people than you think were bullied or are being bullied now. It's not uncommon and a lot of people manage to get through it. You just have to remember that being a teenager and being in high school are not the end of the world and there is life outside. Kids can be cruel and down right evil, but there are ways to stop it with out resorting to suicide or violence.

Suicide is the easy way out, it's the attention seeking cry of our generation. Weather we really want to die or we just want someone to notice we're there it's all the same. Half the time if you stopped to think you'd wonder why you were depressed in the first place. For the most part teenagers haven't even lived long enough to know how bad life gets. The drama of being a teenager has just gotten so hyped and played out that it's almost annoying now to hear about depression and suicide and everything that comes with them. Sometimes I wish I could say "Get over yourself for one second"
    Last edited by Meiwaku; Jun 23, 2005 at 09:41 PM.
    - "Ash: Gimme some sugar, baby."-

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

I don' think it's weak-minded to contemplate suicide, but it is an easy way out and that's why we contemplate it. I jus' hope people realize that it's wrong and that it's not really worth it.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

AO Angel ^^ angelan may be famous one day angelan may be famous one day angelan's Avatar
    Thanks

well contemplation regarding suicide can have many reasons.

one is that it is an option...like you said, an easy option, however selfish, "weak", stupid it is...it IS an option and something that may pass by your thoughts. You think what the people would do without you, whether they'd be better off, no one will notice you're gone neway, or it'd make them pay, or people will start realizing that they wronged you at your grave. As morbid as it sounds, it's what comes up. the "i'm better off dead" thoughts... some people just suck it up at this point and move on. Some don't.

Kinda like when people think...who would be at my funeral. Who would be happy or who would be sad when you're gone.

Contemplation doesn't mean people will carry through with it. Just as contemplation about killing someone will necessarily lead to murder.
    -=|AnimeReflections|Live-Evil|My Trades|=-

Put your unused CPU to use for a good cause: |Folding@Home||Human Proteome Folding|

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

My point was merely that, life is precious and that someone tryin' to comitt suicide is takin' that precious gift away and not necessarily from others, but from themselves. I'm not sayin' that they are stupid, mostly 'cause I would be if I did, I'm jus' sayin' that takin' your own life for purely selfish reasons is wrong. 'Cause you're robbing yourself of the greatest thing you have.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Otaku Libitina may be famous one day Libitina may be famous one day Libitina's Avatar
    Thanks

Somebody trying to commit suicide has serious issues.....sometimes....anyway I thought about it once in a part of my life I think when I was in 7th grade or something like that..... but to me now that I think about it is dumb.....running away from your problems is never the solution....one way or the other your problems come back to find you...now facing them would probably be the best thing to do.....its easier if you have friends and family......specially friends who are there to listen and support you. And the most probable thing is that you would end up in hell...yeah I know what most of you think sometimes..."hell haha yeah yeah whatever"....but anyway I would much rather face my problems then chiken out and suicide myself and end up an eternity in hell......

Newbie tepid_head may be famous one day tepid_head may be famous one day tepid_head's Avatar
    Thanks

in the past school year a senior committed suicide.
    you wouldnt believe the rumors flying around. he had
    confrontations w/his mother and girlfriend, she was going to
    have a baby.
    and some were exploiting this sad occasion.
    they pretended to know him and cry to get out of class
    it was bad

Newbie checo may be famous one day checo may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeAficianado
    I have things handled now. I know exactly what i'm going to do, school out for the summer so I have a good long while to do what I need to. Though everyone in my school is laughing at me, the first kid who started it, who let my secret out... he's the only reason it keeps going because whenever things begin to die down he brings it right back up. I'm gonna go take care of the kid once and for all. And no, don't get worried, it's not what you probably think, i'm going to go tell the kid to stop, he was my best-friend so i'll give him a warning... if he won't stop i'll fight him... I really don't want to, and i don't know if I can win, but i'll stay on him untill he promises to stop, and if he starts i'll go after him all over again. He'll either stop when I ask, or i'll stop him with force. It's the only way he will listen. So I will do it! I know you guys have tried to help and you have a lot, but for this guy it's the only way to get through... so I have to if I want this to stop. And also others will stop when they see I mean buisiness when I say I want them to stop as well.
    i would have beatin the shit out of them a long time ago

i wak up in the mournin and i ask myself is life worth livin or shuold i blast myself (tupac) keap ur head up

Newbie tepid_head may be famous one day tepid_head may be famous one day tepid_head's Avatar
    Thanks

Unhappy Re: Suicide-About it, why? How? What about it?

the first kid who started it, who let my secret out... he's the only reason it keeps going because whenever things begin to die down he brings it right back up. I'm gonna go take care of the kid once and for all. And no, don't get worried, it's not what you probably think, i'm going to go tell the kid to stop, he was my best-friend so i'll give him a warning... if he won't stop i'll fight him... I really don't want to, and i don't know if I can win, but i'll stay on him untill he promises to stop, and if he starts i'll go after him all over again. He'll either stop when I ask, or i'll stop him with force. It's the only way he will listen. So I will do it! I know you guys have tried to help and you have a lot, but for this guy it's the only way to get through... so I have to if I want this to stop. And also others will stop when they see I mean buisiness when I say I want them to stop as well.[/QUOTE]

OMG
    i didnt know that about you, Afficanado...
    dont do anything rash
    whoever he is, he doesnt sound like anyone worth
    throwing your life away for

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast