Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: is suing people becoming a spectator sport??

Otaku Mazer may be famous one day Mazer may be famous one day Mazer's Avatar
    right outside of reality, just inside insanity
    Thanks

is suing people becoming a spectator sport??

ive been watching some trial cases lately and ive noticed most people love the idea of getting money there willing to make other peoples life hell, just so they can get it. like in one trial this guy was suing his ex-wife for like i dont know breaking his leg on her new property. and this woman had 3 kids and she told the judge she could barely make minimums. and i KNOW that half the people in the room were not friends and family (i think i saw a celebrety in there). but any way i wanna know why is suing so damn popular??

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well its obvious. At least I think so. When people get the opportunity to get rich quick of course they're gonna take it, no matter how cheap it is. I think people are inherently greedy and sometimes we cant beat that urge. Every now and then there are people out there with a heart that care about how their actions will hurt people, but I dont even think that even half the world is in that group of people. I like to think I am not that shallow and cruel but honestly until put in that situation I have no idea what I'll do. People are just greedy, selfish, jerks and rarely do you find someone outside your family (some people dont even have that) that wont stab you in the back in a heartbeat.

Lost in the ethernet dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004's Avatar
    Thanks
    ^ ^ points to delierium's post ^ ^

that about says it all....

Student: "Umm sensei, the question on the board is wrong."
    Teacher "SHAAAADD UP!"

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    I wouldn't sue for that, in fact I hate the stupid pussies who think like that. They can't make an honest living so they're just gonna rip-off someone else on a petty law. It's worse than most of the crimes these people are charged for!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark.
    I wouldn't sue for that, in fact I hate the stupid pussies who think like that. They can't make an honest living so they're just gonna rip-off someone else on a petty law. It's worse than most of the crimes these people are charged for!
    thats a very good point. i know alot of people say this but i know i wouldnt sue anybody becuase well its just weird, taking someone elses money just doesnt seem appealing to me. i mean i used to be a bad kid i stole from like radio shack and like wal-mart and stuff. but i stopped, i didnt get cuaght but i stopped. i can still remember i was walking in the mall and i boosted some guys wallet and when i opened it i was freakin out he had a welfare check and a pic of his duaghter and it said on the pic, " my life." man so i told him he dropped it, i went home and i felt horrible, i threw away all my stolen stuff. so thats the main reason i dont like that anymore. you dont know what someone has been through, so dont make them go through more. plus the things ive heard about are ridiculos. some old lady sued Mcdonalds becuase she spilled coffee on herself. on HERSELF and she got shitloads of money for it. that just doesnt sound like an acomplishment to me.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer
    some old lady sued Mcdonalds becuase she spilled coffee on herself. on HERSELF and she got shitloads of money for it. that just doesnt sound like an acomplishment to me.
    ARGH!! I remember hearing that same thing in a U.S. history discussion! For God's sakes, how bad is does your life have to be to spill coffee on yourself, accident or no, and then decide to sue for it just to make money? Now I can understand saying things like that in the peak of anger, but to actually go through with it is absurd! That's the biggest flaw of america's law system. You can sue for just about anything, but where do you draw the line? At what time is it for justice and when you just want the money you get if you win?

I hate greed, and we're all slaves to it!

Thanks
    yeah its pretty screwed up man. i mean you can sue for breaking your foot on someones property, even if they dont do anything, they dont even have to be home. just imagine how pissed off you would be getting a call from someone saying, "hello im going to sue you for breaking my foot on your property."what the **** is that. its gay. But i guess people are really that desperate for money they will do just about anything to get it. :Thumbd: not good

Newbie Ness may be famous one day Ness may be famous one day Ness's Avatar
    Thanks
    Alot of people are greedy. The make mistakes and try to blame other people for it. How can you sue somebody when you broke your OWN leg <.< There are a lot of "sue happy people" these days.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast