Thread: Support for the Otaku attacked victims

Newbie Elves may be famous one day Elves may be famous one day Elves's Avatar
    Thanks

Support for the Otaku attacked victims

This was sparked by a friend who wanted to share with me more than just talk about an anime - it was an analysis about the physiology of a character. Example: In Fullmetal Alchemist we were discussing Ed's height. She proceeded to tell me that Ed has never grown since he got his automail. If this is true it's news to me, but it just seemed too much for me to take. We've all been around at least one individual who just seems to know way too much for their own good and who can't seem to hold all that information inside them, right?

Now how much of a good thing can all of you take? Is having knowledge as an otaku and sharing it when asked about a particular anime better than being the all sharing information bin mega-otaku which randomly interjects "facts" into the conversation? Any experiences/interesting stories involving falling victim to a mega-otaku who you just couldn't get away from without hearing their utterances of corrections to what you thought was perfectly valid observations of an anime? We can form a support group and that way I can feel that the information which I do know is perfectly valid.

HUG ME: I survived a Mega-Otaku attack

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Anime/Manga topic... Moving to Anime & Manga Forum...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Now you know what it's like to be on staff here at AO.

When I was working for Blockbuster I got to deal with otaku (in the negative sense) all the time. Usually I'd just let them keep going and make fools of themselves. (I'm sorry, dumbass. InuYasha was not done by CLAMP.)
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Try this.

I have a cousin who had just finished telling me how her and her husbands Mega-Otaku friends were such fanatics they had been scary. Evidently they not only enthused about anime ALL THE TIME but when one of them had a baby they went out and had baby clothes specially made with their favorite anime characters on them. Just then my husband walks in and hears the word "anime" and starts spilling on how much he likes Vampire HUnter Dee. Their eyes got really big.....

Nice sentiment....baaaaad timing.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!