Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: SW Episode 3

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    Well, since my own thread was shut down (I just didn't want people to read spoilers they didn't want to know yet) I'll be a lazy bum and paste the exact post here...

I must say I enjoyed the film.
    The whole was very good although it's too much information crammed in a small space. Mr Lucas should have changed his SW film length policy...
    That's my big complaint.

Smaller complaints:

The Dooku fight was very VERY short
    The Kashyyk battle was very short
    The end was rushed
    Tying up loose ends at the end happens really fast and feels rushed.
    (see the pattern? )
    Yoda kinda gave up too soon when fighting Sidious although he probably thought he just couldn't defeat him in the end.
    Darth Vader's Nooo! (I saw King Kong in that...).

Good stuff:

The lighsaber battles.
    Ian McDiarmid<--------------STELLAR PERFORMANCE, BEST OF THE FILM + HIGHPOINT OF THE FILM
    Hayden Christensen (very good as Darth Vader)
    Ewan McGregor
    SFX...Visuals to die for
    Sound
    More mature (well a little more mature...)
    Palpatine's little talk about Darth Plaguis/Plagueis/Plagues whatever
    James Earl Jones

Funniest scene in the film:

Yoda vs. the Red Guard

Order 66 was handled nicely also, time to die people!

And for the doubters, Obi-Wan totally won the fight, no excuses for Anakin. Outstrategised and defeated, all this talk (not here) about Obi-Wan just being luck annoys me to no end.

But then the Windu vs. Sidous fight...

Palpatine -the sneaky little sob- making fake pleads for his life to get Anakin on his side but that doesn't take away from the fact that Mace wins in lightsaber combat and that Palpatine learns how exquisite Sith lightning feels...

Of course Force and lightsaber skill combined, Sidious is the master...

Otaku Lady Sasumi may be famous one day Lady Sasumi may be famous one day Lady Sasumi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hmm....the premeire of Star Wars movie here was on the 18th at midnight. Why at midnight? Thats what I'm trying to figure out. However, tickets were all sold out, so I didn't get to go. Maybe later though.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Sasumi
    Hmm....the premeire of Star Wars movie here was on the 18th at midnight. Why at midnight? Thats what I'm trying to figure out. However, tickets were all sold out, so I didn't get to go. Maybe later though.
    They are not allowed to show the film before the release date. They want to show it as soon as possible, you can't go earlier than midnight...

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Yep, I plan to go with my friends when I get the chance, I can't wait to see it.

jao
    Otaku jao may be famous one day jao may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I just saw the movie. The rest of the post may be somewhat of a spoiler. But not really

This one should please those foolish people who disliked the first two. I felt Ep1 and 2 where fine, minus some acting. They where set out and told like the original movies. Something that doesn't speak to audiences. That and people take 20 years of rumors, fanfics and ideas to heart with them.

Anyhow, the movie was long but it passed well. I still dislike Hayden Christianson but he did fairly well. I almost cried a few times.

It had those signature moments of dry, weak comedy but it worked. End of the movie was kind of quick. But can't drag on I suppose.

It is worth seeing on the big screen.

[J]

Otaku vb0xn4rd may be famous one day vb0xn4rd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    gone
    Last edited by vb0xn4rd; Jan 28, 2006 at 03:58 PM.

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks
    SPOILERS

Quote Originally Posted by vb0xn4rd
    Okay, I liked Episode III (which I saw at midnight!), but really had one big problem with it: If Obi-Wan is getting into all these troubles, and Anakin is always saving him, then how did Obi-Wan manage to own Grievous AND Vader? I mean, have you seen Grievous fight in the Clone Wars cartoons? And isn't Anakin supposed to surpass Yoda in his lightsaber skills? I mean, yeah, it was neccessary for Anakin to lose, but it just didn't feel believable the way it went down..
    I agree about general grievous. That guy owned in the clone wars animation. And he defeated 3 jedi knights (almost defeated a master, but the guy fled) with his 4 handed lightsaber techniques. The only thing wrong with him was that he didn't have the force, but I couldn't possiblly imagine how his hands were so easily cut off by Obi Wan when he had 4 of them. Actually, I don't see how Obi-wan could have guarded against 4 sabers at a time.

He beat Anakin(vader) because Vader was not at his full potential when he turned to the dark side(he was still confused and couldn't handle many things, also, consider his age, very young). Besides, near the end of the fight, Anakin made the unwise decision to jump after Obi wan even after he knew Obi wan had the advantage on high ground.

Also, explain how an extremely strong Count Dooku can lose so fast?

Order 66 did not make any sense at all. I don't understand the concept of the clones just turning on their jedi friends all of a sudden. "I fought with you for how long, and now I have to kill you because someone told me to?" Did palpatine have a mind control device or something? Someone explain, because the movie didn't.

This signature is within the limits upheld by the forum rules. Unless the rules change, do not remove.

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks
    I liked the movie and how they tied everything together. I feel like Lucas did a good enough job to save the prequel trilogy with this one. They went from bad to better to damn decent. Not a bad climb I guess. Anyways the Chewbacca/Yoda relationship is an interesting side note. You are right, I wonder if Lucas ever thought about it.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast