Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: SW Episode 3

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    When you think about it False Truth, wasn't it palatine's army to begin with? He was a sentor when army was being made in Ep. 2, I think he's the one who requested the army, and was just retaking what was his.

Of course, I haven't seen Ep. 2 in awhile, so I may be mixing facts. I can't wait to see this movie with my own eyes. The reaction is boosting my confidence for this film.

Otaku Vaines may be famous one day Vaines may be famous one day Vaines's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by False Truth
    SPOILERS
    Order 66 did not make any sense at all. I don't understand the concept of the clones just turning on their jedi friends all of a sudden. "I fought with you for how long, and now I have to kill you because someone told me to?" Did palpatine have a mind control device or something? Someone explain, because the movie didn't.
    My opinion is that since it was most certainly Palpatine's army, the clones were somewhat genetically engineered to obey to order 66 when it would come out. This means Palpatine had planned absolutely everything, what a strategist *nods*

Anti syndicate spike spiegel may be famous one day spike spiegel may be famous one day spike spiegel's Avatar
    Thanks
    dude aniken is insane in the membrain

"I let all that kind of blood away" Thanks Viper

Otaku sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well tied together Ep.2 & 4. They really didn't need the "eye" in the ...new construction... at the end to foreshadow, though. But I was surprised at how much seeing the Clone Wars cartoon (anime?) explained things in Ep.3. Of course, I still think Dooku & Grievous should have been a little tougher in the film.

I'm wondering, does this film stand on its own? Could a non-Star Wars fan go see just Ep.3 and go, yeah, it's better than "XXX pt.2"?

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vb0xn4rd

And by the way, since when was Episode III too quick? It was 2 and a half hours long, for cryin' out loud! What do you want, another LotR?
    There was not enough time to flesh out all the elements that needed a little more time in the film.
    Two and a half hours wasn't enough time for all the interesting elements in the film.
    And dammit I'll say it again, Ian McDiarmid blew everyone else out of the water, Ewan McGregor was fantastic too.

Also, about Obi-Wan, please understand that he's one of the most powerful jedi.
    Grievous couldn't win (and he's alot different in the film than in the micro series, where he is a terminator killbot).
    Obi-Wan may not be the best fighter in the films but he's sure as hell the best strategist and almost always outthinks his opponents.
    He didn't get the time versus Dooku but he beat Anakin and Grievous by mostly using his head.

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yes Star Wars is better than XXX 2. Yes it can stand on its own, not as strongly as with having the entire trilogy, but neither could one Lord of the Rings movies without its two counterparts. Thats the point of a trilogy. So it would be unfair to make that assumption, could it stand alone as a movie when it was not created to do so like XXX 2 was.

And for the record...just saying. Comparing a Star Wars movie (even Phantom Menace) to XXX 2 is just wrong any way you look at it.

Otaku death_knight may be famous one day death_knight may be famous one day death_knight's Avatar
    Thanks
    star wars was pretty good man. i loved episode 3 the darth sideous is a genius making the clone from ep 2 in anticipation of these actions in episode 3. simply genius.
    Opensources is where my heart is
    Ishida Uryuu - The true one winged angel

Gundam Builder Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x's Avatar
    Thanks
    sAw the movie yesterday and I thought it was pretty good because the series in now complete. THere were some parts that made me and my friends laugh.( minor spoilers) :

ESpecially when palpatine was fighting yoda because he made all these weird noises that didnt sound right. This part didnt make me laugh but when opbi-wan and anakin were fighting I didnt expect anakins legs and left arm to be cut off. THat was a surprise to me.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast