Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: system of a down hell yeah

Otaku Slothrop may be famous one day Slothrop may be famous one day Slothrop's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: system of a down hell yeah

Quote Originally Posted by tader salad
    its better that all that rap crap i cant stand rap or any thing that has to do with it hell any thing with out a kick ass guitar sucks thats why i like SoaD
    Oh, you went and did it now. You've just said the phrase of the day. I will proceed heartily disagree with you by namedroping fantastic rap/hip-hop artists:
    Arrested Development
    Wu-Tang Clan
    MF Doom
    Why?
    Run D.M.C.
    and the list goes on but I don't feel like making it.

The point is, your feeble attempt at maintaining your love of SoaD by dissing an entire genre that you likely only know from a few marketable, mainstream successes is pointless and absurd to the max.

Otaku yanna may be famous one day yanna may be famous one day yanna's Avatar
    Thanks

Ummm yeh I'm back........Yeh about System of a Down they are ok but what the heck is the deal they really arent the best band. That is cool that you think so and all and I think you should do what ever but yeh. Go with Avenged Sevenfold, Marylin Manson, Greenday(some of their songs), Coheed and Cambria....... Yeh Systme of the Down isn't all that bad but they arent all that.
    I am insane and I am loving every hour of it? Any problems?

Newbie trowble may be famous one day trowble may be famous one day trowble's Avatar
    Thanks

Lets take 2 excerpts from one of their songs, shall we? And look at how masterfully written this song is with letters in bold and underlined being the key points of the song.

Excerpt 1:
    System of a Down - Chop Suey!

Wake up
    Grab a brush and put a little (makeup)
    Grab a brush and put a little
    Hide the scars to fade away the (shakeup)
    Hide the scars to fade away the
    Why’d you leave the keys upon the table?
    Here you go create another fable
    You wanted to
    Grab a brush and put a little makeup

You wanted to
    Hide the scars to fade away the shakeup
    You wanted to
    Why’d you leave the keys upon the table?

You wanted to
    I don’t think you trust
    In, my, self righteous suicide
    I, cry, when angels deserve to die, die
    First, they go from leaving the damn keys on the table, then they go to putting on makeup with a brush from a lie (fable) and last but not least they go into a "self righteous suicide" and talks about crying when angels deserve to die.

Excerpt 2:
    Father, father, father, father
    Father into your hands, I commend my spirit
    Father into your hands
    Why have you forsaken me
    In your eyes forsaken me
    In your thoughts forsaken me
    In your heart forsaken, me oh

Trust in my self righteous suicide
    I, cry, when angels deserve to die
    Now in this excerpt, they talk about having the person commend his/her spirit (or being) to that persons father. To commend is to praise or give control of, then they jump straight or go right into the father having disgust or metaphorically speaking not accepting the person in sight, mind and heart (love).

The excerpts I gave are pretty much the extent of the song. Let's recap now: keys then makeup (with a brush) then suicide then giving the father control over ones spirit (or being) then having it not accepted in sight, mind and heart (love). One more time: keys, makeup, suicide, father (with control) and unacceptance.

Yea... I think I see that as masterfully written crap.
    Too big. 110 is height limit.

Newbie SmallBlueThing may be famous one day SmallBlueThing may be famous one day SmallBlueThing's Avatar
    Thanks

i adore them! I have toxicity and mezmerize! i've been meaning to get sugar i'm just a little sort on money! my fave song from toxicity is psycho and my fave song from mezmerize is question (i liked it before the vid came out, the vid was a pleasant bonus!) hehe!

Newbie tader salad may be famous one day tader salad may be famous one day tader salad's Avatar
    Thanks

ok read this thing again in any of this did i say they were the "best band" sure it was wrong to diss a whole genre but hell in my opinion rap does suck feel free to tell me im wrong but it wont do you much good there are a few rap artist i like i couldnt tell you the name because i dont pay much attention to the names of any artist but over all rap sucks
    they call me..........Tader salad

Otaku QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmm, well I'd have to say that I CAN'T say I like the group. Does that make sense?

Anyway, whether or not I like the band, I like one of their songs very much. 'Question!' I saw the video and the song was like a haunting melody in my head all day.

Of course, so was Avenged Sevenfold's, 'Bat Country' .^_^.

In any case, I only like one song, so I can't say I particularly like the band

Otaku Nightwish may be famous one day Nightwish may be famous one day Nightwish's Avatar
    Thanks

alright, first off, SOAD is pretty decent. nothing to lose with them, except the love for their songs when u've heard them 40 million times. another thing, i can agree that rap is a very disgusting, obnoxious, "i wanna stab knifes through my ears" kind of music. that is when it comes to the new rap. now the old rap is listenable. like what Slothrop said, he named a couple good ones. the one he left out was Bone Thugs N' Harmony. rap is tolerable to me and works real good in metal. examples: Skindred, Bloodhound Gang, Limp Bizkit, Primer 55, basically just stuff like that. but to finish this off, i like old rap, rap metal, and just stright up metal.

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trowble
    Lets take 2 excerpts from one of their songs, shall we? And look at how masterfully written this song is with letters in bold and underlined being the key points of the song.

Excerpt 1:

First, they go from leaving the damn keys on the table, then they go to putting on makeup with a brush from a lie (fable) and last but not least they go into a "self righteous suicide" and talks about crying when angels deserve to die.

Excerpt 2:

Now in this excerpt, they talk about having the person commend his/her spirit (or being) to that persons father. To commend is to praise or give control of, then they jump straight or go right into the father having disgust or metaphorically speaking not accepting the person in sight, mind and heart (love).

The excerpts I gave are pretty much the extent of the song. Let's recap now: keys then makeup (with a brush) then suicide then giving the father control over ones spirit (or being) then having it not accepted in sight, mind and heart (love). One more time: keys, makeup, suicide, father (with control) and unacceptance.

Yea... I think I see that as masterfully written crap.
    Damn, man, talk about a burn.

You're enough to make a System fan cry! Are you proud of that? Well, you should be.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast