Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Talent or soemthing you can develop?

Gundam Builder Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x's Avatar
    Thanks

Talent or soemthing you can develop?

I dunno if this topic belogs here but since it was related to drawing I thought it should go here. Some people belive draing is a given talent while other say they use to suck but after drawing for many years they are no good at it. Personally Im one of those people that use to suck but now am good at it after years of practicing.

Otaku serge2005 may be famous one day serge2005 may be famous one day serge2005's Avatar
    Thanks
    you're born with the same level of talent as anyone else but how you are raised
    and what you are around are some part of it so basically it about when you start drawing
    if you around drawing or have a lot of how to draw mangas or you can buy a lot mangas. I'mnot a prefessonial artist or anything so this might not be true
    I am the fire that light your wood. I'm the thunder that lights you night. I'm the wind that keeps you cool. are you wondering who I am? I'm the great wizard serge

http://bahamutpheonix.7.forumer.com/index.php
    please join this site if you like any type of games

Newbie KaiserD may be famous one day KaiserD may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Some people do pick it up easily, browsing Epilogue, a community of artists that have their work strictly tested before being able to enter, there are a fair amount of 15 and 16 year olds in there.

People who say it's only a talent you're born with really irritate me. Mostly, these are people who don't draw and wouldn't know anyway. Do they think they know better than people who had no talent and became artists through hard work!? I made an open desicion to become an artist in an attempt to rival my brother's skill and found it was something I eventually enjoyed doing myself, and so I continued. I'm not the best artist, but I'm not the worst either. I rely on people's honest feedback for me to learn how to better myself.

People who don't get better are those that throw a fit every time someone says something negative about their work to help them improve, take it personally as an insult. My friend Jamie was like this, he refused to take any advice or any of the reference books I wanted him to borrow to practice. I really wanted to see him get better, but he just held onto his jealousy because I continued to get improve and he could not understand why he wasn't.

Newbie andiishere may be famous one day andiishere may be famous one day andiishere's Avatar
    Thanks
    i feel that it is defianltly soem thing you develop, i remeber when i was young looking at this person's art work (we were asked to copy a picture and at the time i though this was an amazing pic) it made me want to try harder and so i tried, it wasen't till i was 14/15 i started drawing again... (i got warcraft2 and tried to copy the pic and my dinosaur mags.. iwas realyin do dino's then)

i had to practice and was always tyring to be as good as i could be.. in the last few years my drawing skills have vastly improved, i would not say i have a talent but a skill i developed.

Newbie MoogleMan may be famous one day MoogleMan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    The obvious answer is both.

Some people are born with the ability to "see" things better and have better ability to put what they "see" on paper. Certainly as any skill it is something that can be worked at and improved upon, but a person who has the innate ability to draw better doesn't have to work as hard to get the same results as someone who doesn't have the same type of ability.

It's the same as school, a person can get good marks in school and not work very hard but based on their intellect and ability to reason they get good marks. Where someone who doesn't have such innate intellect will have to study more and work more to get the same results...

Just my opinion

Newbie Saph Phyre may be famous one day Saph Phyre may be famous one day Saph Phyre's Avatar
    Thanks
    I would have to say it is both as well... Even if someone has a natural ability to draw, if they don't practice drawing that ability will decrease. Even things that are natural abilities need to be honed. Just like no one is born knowing how to read and write, no one is born the prefect artist.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you like to draw and practice at it enough it doesn't really matter if you have a natural talent at it or not. Sure the people with a natural affinity for art will not have to work as hard, but it doesn't mean that they will be better artists in the end.
    Staring at the ice covered passage...
    "I'm just going to throw this acorn at the ice it to see..." Kizumi started to say but was quickly interruped as Laton yelled at her with wide eyes "NO!"
    DM: "Only a cleric and a wizard could argue over the destructive power of an acorn...”

Otaku FallenOne may be famous one day FallenOne may be famous one day FallenOne's Avatar
    Thanks
    i believe most people are born with the same level of talen in drawing. its practice and the influences around you that determine the quality and growth of your work. However, i do think there are people out the, exceptionally few in number, who are well beyond the normal range of talent in this field. They are seemingly predestined for this area. It is they that create the masterpieces of history, works that we can stare at and contemplate about for hundreds of years.

The end is important in all things.

Otaku SenseiGohan may be famous one day SenseiGohan may be famous one day SenseiGohan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hmm yes the more u practice the better u can become, but the trully greatest artists out there are born with that talent hey, they have the eye and nack for it, if it was something that u coudl make better after lots and lots of pratice then we all woudl be great artist but we arn't. So i think u couldn't be born with somthign hey.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast