Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Talent or soemthing you can develop?

Newbie animecutie23 may be famous one day animecutie23 may be famous one day animecutie23's Avatar
    Thanks
    As stated before its a factor of both, for instance, some people have been born with an imagination more intense then anothers. However, even that can be practiced and evolved. Drawing is a matter of patience, practicing, failing, and improving.

Newbie bone may be famous one day bone may be famous one day bone's Avatar
    Thanks
    I agree that the greatest artists out there are born with a certain aptitude for it. They still must learn different techniques and theory, but a person born with a gift will always be potentially better than those without - given, of course, that said person utilizes their gift.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    In my experience there is actually two extremes; the few who have a real gift, and those who will never get it. In the middle however are the majority of people, who with hard work and perseverence can become exceptional. For most people how good an artist you become is a direct result of how much effort you are willing to put into it.

However, everyone has creative potential. Just because someone will never become a great drawer doesn't mean there isn't some other artistic endevor they might excel at. I have known several people who cannot draw to save their lives but put out the most beutiful sculptures or pottery. It's just a different way of thinking and seeing.

I have always been considered exceptional but with my health I have never been able to put the time into it I would like. Sometimes I will look at the work of someone really talented who has put the time in to become something really extra ordinary and I just want to weep.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

new piks in mem gallery animechick may be famous one day animechick may be famous one day animechick's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation dont quote me hehehe

i like the quote thing on here that you added
    ***kyaia***

Otaku nova may be famous one day nova may be famous one day nova's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think practice does makes perfect, and passion makes it mean more. cliche but true.

it takes a lot of patience to best any skill, and if you really do like what you're form of art, drawing, playing flutes, cooking or writing codes, it will show through.

Otaku Electrastar may be famous one day Electrastar may be famous one day Electrastar's Avatar
    Thanks
    Nah, drawing is something you can develop. You're not born with the ability to play the flute, the guitar or the piano, why should drawing be any different ? Practice makes perfect. To be good at drawing, you have to actually try it. I'm not the best artist in the world, you should see what my first drawings look like...Still, I kept at it and now I have some good drawings to show from it. So if you think you suck at drawing, don't stop practicing because if you do, then you'll never improve.

Otaku -=Broken^Halo=- may be famous one day -=Broken^Halo=- may be famous one day -=Broken^Halo=-'s Avatar
    Thanks
    I personally Believe that people can develop Artistic SKILLS through Hard work and years of practice, But talent is something your born with, something that comes naturally. You can Build on talent with skill and it makes you that much better. No i dont think you Pop out of the womb ready to draw anything. It takes time to Find your "talent". People that have talent and build on it with skill are the exceptional ones, and people like the "Old Masters" (ex. Lonardo Da Vinci, Michangelo, etc), They were born in a time of revolution where people became more curious about the world, so naturally they saw new things for the first time, so the observed more carefully, thus honing thier skill and talent much more, blah blah blah, i could go on all day, but yeah....

Skills=hardwork
    Talent=Natural

Skills+Talent=Awesome-ness
    Fr3aK~0f~N@Tu|23

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    something i developed, i spent most of 7th grade through 12th perfecting my work and am still not good enough T-T i shall prevail though
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast