Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The taste of salt:

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

The taste of salt:

Can you describe to me the taste of salt without using the word "salty"?

And can you think of other things that can only be described using their name?

PS. There is actually a Philosophical point to the question.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku vb0xn4rd may be famous one day vb0xn4rd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Salt is kind of a mix of an acidic, mineralish taste. It is sodium chloride, after all.

Otaku Kikieru may be famous one day Kikieru may be famous one day Kikieru's Avatar
    Thanks
    in smals amounts tastey... in large amounts pukey, stimulates the back part of the tounge and you u taste it in the back of your throught.

I know what your on about. How much of yourself can you define, how many of your actions can you justify, its strange how people can use words to describe that they dont know there meaning, but they still use the words correctly.

how do you know exactly what de ja vu is, people say they`ve experienced this but is each experience the same ?

The mind can see and understand a thousand words and pistures all at once, but to make someone else see this it would take a long time, talking is insuffiecient for the mind.

Where do you think evolution will take us.

yeah I got carried away.............

Lost in the ethernet dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004's Avatar
    Thanks
    well i've always been fascinated with the way you can lick a lollypop and stick it in a bowl of salt then lick the salt off and do it again... i had to stop that after my doctor said all the salt was corroding my something or other or maybe it was degenerating my other thing...

Student: "Umm sensei, the question on the board is wrong."
    Teacher "SHAAAADD UP!"

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    hmmm.......a feel and taste of sting i guess would be one other way to put it..

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Nice try, but would anyone actually know what it tasted like from any of your descriptions?

You're on the right track Kikieru, philosophy wise. There is a quote that goes with the concept.

"To those who have had the experience no explanation is necessary, to those who have not, none is possible."

How many things happen in our lives that we cannot explain in a way someone will understand unless they have had the same experience?

How do you describe the taste of salt to someone who has never tasted it so that they will understand?

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    Nice try, but would anyone actually know what it tasted like from any of your descriptions?

You're on the right track Kikieru, philosophy wise. There is a quote that goes with the concept.

"To those who have had the experience no explanation is necessary, to those who have not, none is possible."

How many things happen in our lives that we cannot explain in a way someone will understand unless they have had the same experience?

How do you describe the taste of salt to someone who has never tasted it so that they will understand?
    I think this is impossible, because it is almost the same question as:

How do you explain the color blue to someone who is colorblind?

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pyoro-pyoro
    I think this is impossible, because it is almost the same question as:

How do you explain the color blue to someone who is colorblind?
    Well, color to the blind, yes, that is another comparison.

The point is are there experiences that cannot be described?
    I take it your answer is yes?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast