Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: The taste of salt:

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaines
    Then what do you think about babies learning their first words?
    I am just using comparison, that's all. Besides, you can't point to anything that has to do with salt taste, or color to a color blind.

For babies, you can point to a male and say "dada" but then even then the baby would call all grown man "dada"

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku whitec may be famous one day whitec may be famous one day whitec's Avatar
    Thanks
    Salt. Tatses good on pretty much everything,
    Makes you cringe when you put to much on your food,
    Makes you thirsty, gives food a some punch in a meal. Could kill you
    Looking forward to Burst Angel Vol. 3

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by whitec
    Salt. Tatses good on pretty much everything,
    Makes you cringe when you put to much on your food,
    Makes you thirsty, gives food a some punch in a meal. Could kill you
    ahahah...tsk. You're descibing what it does not what it tastes like.

How about the second part of my question?
    What other things can only be described by their name?
    or
    How many things happen in our lives that we cannot explain in a way someone will understand unless they have had the same experience?
    Last edited by Arrianna; Mar 15, 2005 at 03:47 PM.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    It tastes like fish but not so squishy.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    After a while I thought of the perfect solution, I mean this IS the 21st century and salt is cheap...so I am heading to the nearest McDonalds to get some salt packs for whoever needs it

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    and french fries. I know I'm just listing examples but, describing taste is kinda impossible if you ask me.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pyoro-pyoro
    After a while I thought of the perfect solution, I mean this IS the 21st century and salt is cheap...so I am heading to the nearest McDonalds to get some salt packs for whoever needs it
    lol, well that takes care of the salt question.

So what about the rest of them? The other things that have to be experienced to be understood, how can you share them?

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    lol, well that takes care of the salt question.

So what about the rest of them? The other things that have to be experienced to be understood, how can you share them?
    .......D'OH! haha yeah I know I was just trying to lighten up the mood here for the other smarter folks so perhaps they can have an answer

I mean for things that have substitutes like you can always lick tears for salt, but things like color I really have not answers for

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast