Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8

Thread: The taste of salt:

Otaku Kikieru may be famous one day Kikieru may be famous one day Kikieru's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hmm...Just thinking, The tongue percieves chemicals and sends a electrical signal to the brain, the brain reacts to similiarity, the most similar or exact match, then the brain sends new info around the brain looking for associated information, then any information coupled with choice of reaction is then sent to the conscious, there on you know it is salt or salty and can say so, but to describe this..well the brain handles incredible amounts of information at great speeds, "The mind can see and understand a thousand pictures and a thousand words all at once, but for you to express these to another would take a very long time".

Its my conlcusion that our forms of expression are too inefficient to accurately tell another person what salt tastes like, It seems our laungages, words, pictures cannot exactly describe something without missinterpretation, the abilitie to describe is limited by ability and knowledge, eg lack of a vocabulary or inablility to draw pictures. The only way to exactly describe something is by expereince. You want to know what salt tastes like, try eating salt, but if you wanted to describe something without experience then the brain would have to be directly able to comminicate with another brain, but technology nor evolution has reached such a point that this is possible. So we rely on indirect expression.

Qoute from Ghost in the shell, very interesting...
    ..."And can you offer me proof of your existance, how can you, when neither modern science nor philosophy can explain what life is".

Can you explain what life is ?

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikieru
    Qoute from Ghost in the shell, very interesting...
    ..."And can you offer me proof of your existance, how can you, when neither modern science nor philosophy can explain what life is".

Can you explain what life is ?
    Well said. I think you have the point.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8