Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tatoos

Newbie gungrave433 may be famous one day gungrave433 may be famous one day gungrave433's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nova
    If you don't even know what you're going to get, DON'T GET ONE. :Thumbd:

I guarantee down the road you'll just feel uncomfortable if it doesn't even reflect your true personality. I'd only recommend getting a tattoo that fits who you are, and get it when you are concrete about the design.

Do you know the artist you're going to? Look through his portfolio and maybe he can customize something for you. That's your best bet for a great tattoo, because the artist will be doing something that he will actually like, not something off the wall of the shop, or kanji character that says MAN on the list but really means "chicken head." Luckily for you, you want it where it doesn't really hurt.

I have tattoos, even designed one of my own, and have friends who worked in tattoo shops. The worst kind of client is the one with no clue as to why they are even there.

I agree with nova its suppose to bo somthing from your heart

like my tatoos on my arm I have a cross and between my thumb and index finger I have three little dots and on my right shin I have a picture of a friend and she just died with the letters R.I.P and A picture of the virgen mary

all me ^_^

Otaku Dragor may be famous one day Dragor may be famous one day Dragor's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well you obviously like Spawn so why not get a tatoo of him. or perhaps just his skull symbol.

As for a quote why not go with something like "Evil gives no mercy, so it shall recieve none." Hey it may be long but you can get something off of it, and it goes along with the Spawn idea.

Plus you could always just settle with a sword or dragon.
    Dreams come true, but nightmares do too.

Life isn't a game, it's just a referal to the time you exist on this playground called Earth.

Newbie gungrave433 may be famous one day gungrave433 may be famous one day gungrave433's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragor
    Well you obviously like Spawn so why not get a tatoo of him. or perhaps just his skull symbol.

As for a quote why not go with something like "Evil gives no mercy, so it shall recieve none." Hey it may be long but you can get something off of it, and it goes along with the Spawn idea.

Plus you could always just settle with a sword or dragon.
    accually I hate spawn I have those to show how I feel

all me ^_^

Newbie Hogosha may be famous one day Hogosha may be famous one day Hogosha's Avatar
    Thanks
    Getting a tatoo... well it's definitely going to stick with you for the rest of your life. It's going to fade, unless you get it re-inked, it's going to stretch as you get older, and it won't look as cool when you're 80.

But hell I have 6 tattoos right now and I plan on getting a whole lot more as I get the money and I find more meaningful things to put on my body. It'll all come together in the end as different phases of my life; like a short or long story for myself; things to remember ya know?

Some people said get a band or dont' get one 'cause what if they break up. Here's a suggestion on bands or letters in general. Don't get them. Letters aren't as satisfactory as designs are.

For example I have the "Perfect Circle" design on my left pectoralis major. Granted I DO like the band, the symbol has more meaning than the band itself. And I didn't get it because of their meaning, it represented to me something different in my life I was experiencing. So I got it.

Japanese Kanji a good way to go because it expresses open-minded-ness and if has value to you, GET IT.!

As for my back, you can check out the pic I have in Misc Member Pics, titled "Long Awaited Tattoo". It cost me a pretty penny, but it was worth it. You can also see my other tattoos in another pic, same place titled "Brothers".

Otaku Neon 2 Champion, BMX Stunts Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Robo Slug 2 Champion Sol-x may be famous one day Sol-x may be famous one day Sol-x's Avatar
    Thanks
    I want a tattoo, but my dad wo'nt let me 'till I'm out the house. I don't know why he said that, but I'm lost about it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    A forum post should be like a skirt. Long enough to cover the subject matter, but short enough to keep things interesting.

Newbie Beatrix may be famous one day Beatrix may be famous one day Beatrix's Avatar
    Thanks
    I want a tattoo on Sydney's back called Bloody Crime(this name?) from Vagrant Story.It's really cool and artistic.I'll tattoo it on my back like him.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Oh Oh! get one that has a flaming skull with these bloodshot eyes and then under it have a text that says, "What you lookin at?" Tatoos are awesome. My dad has 4, and he's awesome. (then again he also has a motorcycle and chews) but big deal! I think tatoos are sweeet. arm is probaly your best bet.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogosha
    Japanese Kanji a good way to go because it expresses open-minded-ness and if has value to you, GET IT.!
    I have to disagree about the Kanji. If it's not native to your culture, BEWARE!

Link to examples why:
    Hanzi Smatter 一知半解

Dedicated to the misuse of Chinese characters (Hanzi or Kanji) in Western culture.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast