Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Teen Marriage

Otaku Tenseiga may be famous one day Tenseiga may be famous one day Tenseiga's Avatar
    Thanks

Teen Marriage

I was wondering what do all of you think about teen mairages (I cant spell that) I'm not talking about shotgun weddings but when two people really love each other is right if they're under 18 to have to have their parent's permission before they can get married.

The way I see it is I know if they could we'd have a lot of people who would be getting married from just puppy love and getting divorced just as fast but c'mon we have people who've been married for over twenty years getting divorced. Age doesn't matter when two people love each other. What if the parents don't like the person they're kid's seeing and wants to marry. They'd be able to stop them, there are just some things parents shouldn't be able to decide for there children

Newbie Uxinta_Wolf may be famous one day Uxinta_Wolf may be famous one day Uxinta_Wolf's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Teen Mairages

I think teen weddings are a little strange, but that's just me. Actually, I and all my friends aren't going to marry until we're at least twenty. I want to be free for at least that ammount of time. Freedom is a very important part of life. I think teen mariages (in my case, 19 and under) are unnecessary (did I spell that right?). I don't mean to offend anyone who doesn't think so.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tenseiga
    I was wondering what do all of you think about teen mairages (I cant spell that) I'm not talking about shotgun weddings but when two people really love each other is right if they're under 18 to have to have their parent's permission before they can get married.

The way I see it is I know if they could we'd have a lot of people who would be getting married from just puppy love and getting divorced just as fast but c'mon we have people who've been married for over twenty years getting divorced. Age doesn't matter when two people love each other. What if the parents don't like the person they're kid's seeing and wants to marry. They'd be able to stop them, there are just some things parents shouldn't be able to decide for there children
    Your contradicting yourself. First you say it good, and then you say it bad. Which is it, do you approve or disapprove of it?

Keeping you in suspense! The King of Fashion may be famous one day The King of Fashion may be famous one day The King of Fashion's Avatar
    Thanks

I have nothing against them, but they are just made up of lust, desire, and infatuation.
    ~Praise me! Extol me! My beauty is unparalleled!~
    Thanks for the signature, Zackraa It's fashion-tastic

Otaku Tenseiga may be famous one day Tenseiga may be famous one day Tenseiga's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kastelic4444
    Your contradicting yourself. First you say it good, and then you say it bad. Which is it, do you approve or disapprove of it?
    I'm guessing you misread me the whole thing about the parents not allowing it was a way I was trying to say that it was a reason kids under 18 should be able to marry without their permission

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tenseiga
    I'm guessing you misread me the whole thing about the parents not allowing it was a way I was trying to say that it was a reason kids under 18 should be able to marry without their permission
    But you also said:

"The way I see it is I know if they could we'd have a lot of people who would be getting married from just puppy love and getting divorced just as fast but c'mon we have people who've been married for over twenty years getting divorced."

By that your saying parents should have control over their kid getting married.

PS: Marriage is spelt wrong. The title of the thread that is.

Otaku AnimeAficianado may be famous one day AnimeAficianado may be famous one day AnimeAficianado's Avatar
    Thanks

I have nothing against it at all... Love is love... i know true love... but i lost mine... (not needed to be told here, mabey on a different thread if it fits when i get the chance or i'll write in my journal) but the only thing about the marriage that doesn't seem right is if it IS in fact only a crush that each had... Crushes fail sooner than you think. I know that fact as well. But this raises another question. A lot of people believe in not having sex before marriage correct? Well if they get married at such a young age, even if thier parents tell them not too, wouldn't that lead to other "complications?" Teen marriage, like i said i have nothin against, only the concequences that may closely follow...

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks

Marriage is a legally binding contract. Minors (those under the age of 18) are forbidden by law to enter into legally binding contracts without the express consent of parents or legal guardians. Therefore those under 18 can not marry without parental consent. That is the law.

It has nothing to do with love, sex, maturity, relationships, or parental attitudes and everything to do with preventing some poor 12-year-old from unwittingly signing outrageous loan papers or contracts.
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast