Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Teen Marriage

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Teen Marriage

Aww, c'mon you should've married him! Back on topic. I also think that teen marrage is awkward and unnessisary (spelled wrong I think), but heck if they love each other that much then go ahead, be my guess. Also read my post above.

Otaku Lady Karasu I'l Myoshin may be famous one day Lady Karasu I'l Myoshin may be famous one day Lady Karasu I'l Myoshin's Avatar
    Thanks

Aww, c'mon you should've married him!
    -_- Somehow I doubt that.
    Sometimes I think marriage in itself is a bad idea, so meh. Screw the red tape, and just live together. *shrugs* That's what I think.

My LiveJournal --- Tierra de los Meurtos

Otaku FallenAngel may be famous one day FallenAngel may be famous one day FallenAngel's Avatar
    Thanks

i think a girl should be hit by a bat in the face if she wants ot get married at 18 or even younger.... there are many guys out there and i think people should go out and have fun before settling down. you may love the person but if you haven't seen the world and the other fish in the sea... how do you know he is the "one"? with that in mind... if you are underage... how do you know what love is? go out have fun and be an independent woman, as in get a good job, good education, and a nice apartment and lots of shoes and sexy clothes, you know just in case when you do get married and he divorces you, you can leave him without looking back cause you already have all that cash saved up. don't be silly... and stupid... don't get married until you are at least out of college

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmmm, good point

Otaku AnimeAficianado may be famous one day AnimeAficianado may be famous one day AnimeAficianado's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FallenAngel
    i think a girl should be hit by a bat in the face if she wants ot get married at 18 or even younger.... there are many guys out there and i think people should go out and have fun before settling down. you may love the person but if you haven't seen the world and the other fish in the sea... how do you know he is the "one"? with that in mind... if you are underage... how do you know what love is? go out have fun and be an independent woman, as in get a good job, good education, and a nice apartment and lots of shoes and sexy clothes, you know just in case when you do get married and he divorces you, you can leave him without looking back cause you already have all that cash saved up. don't be silly... and stupid... don't get married until you are at least out of college
    Many people say "If your so young how can you tell what love is?" Well how CAN you tell without experiencing (what you think is) it and finding out? You learn from your mistakes. I don't mean go out and get married 3 times before you hit 20 to "try things out" but if you think your in love you should be left to express it. Especialy if the feeling is mutual. Even if they don't know it, people can still experience true love.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Teen Mairages

Quote Originally Posted by Tenseiga
    What I meant by that was that age doesn't matter neither does how long people have been married and that though they are young doesnt mean they are any more prone to divorce than anyone else.
    Actually that is exactly what it does mean. There are predictable factors that affect your % chance of having a lasting marriage. Marriage before the age of 21 is one of the factors that raises your chance of divorce. People change the most mentally between the ages of 18-21. A large strain on any relationship. There are exceptions though. I had a friend in highschool that was married at 18 and was more prepared for it then my grandmother (widow) who was remarried the same year.

PS. Sowing your oats doesn't teach you anything about love. It does however teach you about sex and using others. Not a great way to guarantee a happy relationship later.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeAficianado
    Many people say "If your so young how can you tell what love is?" Well how CAN you tell without experiencing (what you think is) it and finding out? You learn from your mistakes. I don't mean go out and get married 3 times before you hit 20 to "try things out" but if you think your in love you should be left to express it. Especialy if the feeling is mutual. Even if they don't know it, people can still experience true love.
    First of all what Zui said, it's illegal to get married under 18 with out parental consent. It's a legal matter that someone under the age of 18 is just not mature enough to handle for one thing.

Second of all teenagers just plain aren't mature enough to handle it. Much less afford it. Unless you get married and live in your parents basement till your done school and can get a decent job to hold the both of you up.

And my question is why? Marriage is not the ultimate sign of "I love you". Marriage is the end of the line. Marriage is what you do when your done school, have a decent job, and are mature enough to handle the responsibilities. Marriage is what you do mainly because you're both fully committed and also need the legal aspect backing you up for tax reasons, and if you want to have children. Also for security and life planing. Do you really think teenagers think about the whole legal side of marriage? No, and if they can't get their heads around it they should just go back to doing what they do best, making out the back seat of daddy's car and crying because their boyfriend looks the wrong way.

As for love, I don't think that feeling you get in your crotch can really be considered love. No offence to teenagers but most of them really don't know what love is. Alot of adults don't even know. Love isn't just this feeling you get, love is a feeling, an attitude, it's alot of work and commitment. And I really can't see many teenagers actually being mature enough to take the time and effort to make it work. The way society is designed it's just not very practical.
    - "Ash: Gimme some sugar, baby."-

Otaku AnimeAficianado may be famous one day AnimeAficianado may be famous one day AnimeAficianado's Avatar
    Thanks

I know what Zui said, and i wasn't really reguarding the marriage itself... I was only spinning off into love itself not the marriage teens want because of thier crushes. I AM a teen myself, i dont want to get married, but i think i can tell if i really do love someone. My gf, well ex-gf, she had to move a few weeks ago. We went out for 8 months, 8 MONTHS! And the only reason we couldn't stay together was because she moved. Otherwise we would stay together probably until we got married. I can't say that for sure because i don't know true love yet, but i still believe that we were in love. And love was all i was trying to get at.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast