Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Thread: Teen Marriage

Newbie amjl81 may be famous one day amjl81 may be famous one day amjl81's Avatar
    *Looks around* Someplace on earth that I loathe.
    Thanks

Re: Teen Marriage

Wow, I have a first hand experience in this field. My friend just got married. Two days after she turned 18.
    She was just engaged for about six months to this twenty year old guy. Her parents didn't like the idea of her getting married, nor did his mother yet they didn't say anything about it. They were going to have their wedding in July. But changed it to May 30th. Why? She was pregnant. Due in September. I'm pretty sure they were in love, as much as I could tell yeah, everytime I saw them they were hanging all over each other (kind of sick if you are stuck with them). But they weren't even going out that long. They were just going out for less then a month before they got engaged, then she got pregnant a month after that, then got married five months after that.
    I think they should wait a while, if they really are in love then they shouldn't worry about anything coming between them. I would wait until I have a good job and money and I could support myself, my husband and any kids that might come along. But if they are in love and if they want to get married, I don't see anything wrong with it. Just don't get married for the wrong reasons, like to get out of the house, because you're pregnant, or so that you could have sex.

Otaku fangirl006 may be famous one day fangirl006 may be famous one day fangirl006's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey, it's what Romeo and Juliet did [BTW, That was a really good play]. Why not? If teens under the age of 18 marry, than good for them. <----However, they must love each other first, a lot. Some kids can't really help getting married at a young age; I know it sounds crazy nowadays, but some teens have "arranged marriages." Uncommon, yes. Fair, no...not really. In my perspective, I would like to get married after college! ^-^
    "Who's in the forest strolling? The birds and the bees sing Momeji. The frogs in the pond are calling. Momeji yes it's true..."

Otaku ArchangeL_1979 may be famous one day ArchangeL_1979 may be famous one day ArchangeL_1979's Avatar
    Thanks

I definitely disagree with this letting kids marry at a young age....if this happens, there would be nothing to stop pedophiles from marrying young kids over an over again.....these stupidA$$ people can marry a 14 or 15 yr old boy or girl.....have sex or do what with these kids and then get a divorced and find another kid....this is will just mess up a lot more kids.

And what if that was your kid, your son or your daughter coming up to you and says, "Mom & Dad me and such and such are getting married." What would you do? If that was my son I'll talk some sense into him (and I know that teenage boys have a little bit more rebellious blood in them) and if that don't work, I'll beat the crap out of him to make him understand. If it was my daughter, I'll talk some sense into her to (I won't hit her though, that would mess her up more) and if that don't work, I'll let my wife talk some sense into her.

And like ZUI says, marriage is binding contract between two peole....marriage have to be taken seriuosly, if these young kids don't take othere stuff in life seriuosly, do you really think they will be seriuos when they get married!??
    ANiMe 4-LYF!

Otaku fangirl006 may be famous one day fangirl006 may be famous one day fangirl006's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ArchangeL_1979
    I definitely disagree with this letting kids marry at a young age....if this happens, there would be nothing to stop pedophiles from marrying young kids over an over again.....these stupidA$$ people can marry a 14 or 15 yr old boy or girl.....have sex or do what with these kids and then get a divorced and find another kid....this is will just mess up a lot more kids.

And what if that was your kid, your son or your daughter coming up to you and says, "Mom & Dad me and such and such are getting married." What would you do? If that was my son I'll talk some sense into him (and I know that teenage boys have a little bit more rebellious blood in them) and if that don't work, I'll beat the crap out of him to make him understand. If it was my daughter, I'll talk some sense into her to (I won't hit her though, that would mess her up more) and if that don't work, I'll let my wife talk some sense into her.

And like ZUI says, marriage is binding contract between two peole....marriage have to be taken seriuosly, if these young kids don't take othere stuff in life seriuosly, do you really think they will be seriuos when they get married!??
    I have to disagree with that statement. Pedophilia is illegal. Plus, we're talking about teens marrying one another, not teens marrying older people.
    "Who's in the forest strolling? The birds and the bees sing Momeji. The frogs in the pond are calling. Momeji yes it's true..."

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fangirl006
    Hey, it's what Romeo and Juliet did [BTW, That was a really good play]. Why not?

You do realize that they died right?

Seriouly though, I don't believe a fictional play to be a good example of what to do.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku AnimeAficianado may be famous one day AnimeAficianado may be famous one day AnimeAficianado's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna

You do realize that they died right?

Seriouly though, I don't believe a fictional play to be a good example of what to do.
    Yes, i agree that Romeo & Juliet is unfit for an example, it's fiction, fiction is just that, not real so why is it a good example? I say myself that a possible good example is role play. All you do is take about a few minutes out of your normal day, get a while by yourself. Then just go wild, think through what you think would happen, not that it will be very accurate but i think most of us here can take a few simple guesses at the obvious possibilities of what could happen. Just imagining it on your own could be enough to make people think to do otherwise. (of course it would have to be someone who was mature enough to understand what would be good and bad about it but... it could work in theory...)

Newbie Sacrify may be famous one day Sacrify may be famous one day Sacrify's Avatar
    Thanks

Smile Re: Teen Marriage

I don't really support teen marriages. I think it's just too early. You have your whole life ahead of you, and it's just not wise to drag someone up the altar at such a young age. Because teen marriages just tend to fail as soon as the first flush of love fades away. And who really wants to be at the age of 19 and tell their date "I'm divorsed"
    I'm 17 now and have a boyfriend (we have been together now for 8 month 3 weeks) whom I love. Here in Finland we're concidered adults as early as 18 yrs.
    But I'm not thinking marriage still for a long time. I prefer to get married, when I have a job, my studies are done, and I have my own house and life is on it's track... It could take 5 or 6 years still..
    I say don't get married from temporary insanity. It's a big decision to make.
    Just think that you'll be stuck to that person for the rest of your life ; THEN firure out are you up for it =)

Otaku twistergal723 may be famous one day twistergal723 may be famous one day twistergal723's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking Re: Teen Marriage

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrify
    I don't really support teen marriages. I think it's just too early. You have your whole life ahead of you, and it's just not wise to drag someone up the altar at such a young age. Because teen marriages just tend to fail as soon as the first flush of love fades away. And who really wants to be at the age of 19 and tell their date "I'm divorsed"
    I'm 17 now and have a boyfriend (we have been together now for 8 month 3 weeks) whom I love. Here in Finland we're concidered adults as early as 18 yrs.
    But I'm not thinking marriage still for a long time. I prefer to get married, when I have a job, my studies are done, and I have my own house and life is on it's track... It could take 5 or 6 years still..
    I say don't get married from temporary insanity. It's a big decision to make.
    Just think that you'll be stuck to that person for the rest of your life ; THEN firure out are you up for it =)
    There are some parts I agree and disagree with.....On one hand teens like myself are driven with a crap load of lust,infatuation and otherthings that the first hot guy(or girl)we see we want to be with the rest of our lives...On the other hand if both partners are "in love" and are seriously prepared to handle it and the consequenses that comes along with it then go for it....Thats what collage is for...a sturdy backbone just in case things go down the tubes I myself hasn't had many boyfriends and not exactly the most attractive girl in school so I probaly don't know squat about this topic

I'm ♥mazing!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6