Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: teen titens

ROCK N ROLL mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue's Avatar
    Upon a mound.. somewheres around ..here ?
    Thanks
    I actully like watching it. It's not bad at all, but I laugh at all the wannabe anime antices in every episode. The storyline is well made, and sooner or later America needed a cartoon simply stating how badly Japan is concuring the U.S. It's true ! Good show over-all, but they went all-out on trying to be anime.
    much love to socketto
    ...what of this mongrel architect, our broken armor soon will set, past, present, and future tense...

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think I enjoy the comic book series better than the light hearted show. The comic book has a more dark, mature, serious style to it that can't really be seen in the animated show. The only time when the show is taken seriously is when Slade appears on the show, then the whole episode is about finding and defeating Slade, the same villain in the comic book. But since Slade is supposedly dead, the new episodes are being less serious to just plain weird. In the comic book, some of the characters look different and also some of the characters in the show aren't in the book and vice versa. In my opinion the creators of the animated series are trying too hard to make the show like an anime with chibi and kawaii moments and all. Maybe they wanted it that way to balance out the seriousness of the Justice League. Not sure about that theory though.

This signature is within the limits upheld by the forum rules. Unless the rules change, do not remove.

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FallenOne
    lol. but would you rather have just plain american cartoons that suck ass anyway?
    Uh, not all american cartoons suck ass. South Park? Doesn't suck. Sealab 2021? Doesn't suck...

Otaku FallenOne may be famous one day FallenOne may be famous one day FallenOne's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eriadd
    Uh, not all american cartoons suck ass. South Park? Doesn't suck. Sealab 2021? Doesn't suck...
    hehe, you cant quote me spoofs of shows as proof of good american cartoons.. especially when we're talking about them in comparison to anime... i mean southpark is made from cutouts! and sealab is just... well.. mindnumbing.

good american cartoons - family guy, simpsons, sometimes futurama... and im starting to like venture brothers. well.. i guess basically most of the stuff on adult swim. anyway, teen titans tries (maybe too hard) to be like an anime.. and that's a start, so it deserves some props.

The end is important in all things.

Newbie Taski13 may be famous one day Taski13 may be famous one day Taski13's Avatar
    Thanks
    I have to agree to what has been said so far, that is the statments of positivity towards the show. Its a great show, there is nothen like it, and as far as it being too animeish, thats bs. You can't be somthing made from japan if your made in U.S.A., sure they have some styles of anime for emotions, but thats just doing what japanese started. And lets not forget who sings the opening song, a japanese group that volunteered, "puffy aya yumi" (sp?) they now even have there own show from the popularity of Teen Titans! Bottom line is, Teen Titans is a great show, but its not anything I would explode over to see everyday, aka Naruto, Full Metal Alchemist, Inu Yasha.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sazuka
    Yeah, the comic was pretty darn cool. Classic 80s stuff rite der.
    Very classic. They don't make them like that anymore. Maybe we'll be seeing a TT Movie soon.

P.S. Found an interveiw of the producer, "Glen Murakami spent the last 12 years working on such notable shows as Batman: The Animated Series, Superman, Batman Beyond and Justice League prior to being tabbed as producer for Cartoon Network’s new Teen Titans series."

Evidently alot of the animation is being done overseas so the animation style is natural to the animators.
    Last edited by Arrianna; Dec 13, 2004 at 10:38 PM.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Newbie couger may be famous one day couger may be famous one day couger's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking

i did not know it was a comic. i think some time it trys to be a anime. mostly when

puffy aya yumi sing the theme song in japanese. the other thing they do is the

dramantic excpretions. other then that it is a great show.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast