Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Teenage Rebellion

Otaku millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Teenage Rebellion

I think almost every teen at one point or another rebels against their parents. They do dumb stuff like get drunk or take drugs or overall have a crappy attitude towards their parents. Most teens don't even realize how good they have it until they enter the real world and by that I mean when they have to start supporting themselves and working for a living.

But of course I rebelled, but I did it pretty quietly. I smoked weed and drank but my parents never knew about it. Except that one time they found the liqour bottle under my bed...but I was frickin' 18 so I didn't think it was a huge deal but they apparently did. :|

ruler of mune667 deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fatsobob
    Im a teenager and I dont feel rebellious at all.
    I am actually quite grateful of everything they have done for me.
    I dont feel then need to be a trouble maker.
    i'm a bit like you, i know that they've done good for me, and as much as i don't like them i really do love them as they are my parents, on occasion they will really hack me off, but i've been like that all my life. but i think i have gone through the rebbelious "i know more than them, they just don't understand" and i went through it pretty quick as it didn't do me any favours.
    i am the urban monky
    look to the mune

Otaku Vaines may be famous one day Vaines may be famous one day Vaines's Avatar
    Thanks

Never been rebellious against my parents, sometimes we had a heated discussion, but never was I rebellious, perhaps because I could do and have almost anything I wanted (I'm kind of well-born). Though this makes me feel a little bit less relationship with my parents than most people (now I'm 19 and we live 2000km apart), I still know that we are there for each other. Seeing how other students live, I am very thankful for everything my parents did (especially since even after not getting any university diploma, my mother got a to a very important position in the EU, and she earns for the family - she helps erveryone, and when she gets back home she starts cooking for my dad and she cleans the house). You simply have to be thankful, and you won't feel the need to rebel.

However, as in a society, in a family sometimes THERE IS a need to rebel. But don't generalise that.

Lord and Master Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MoonUnit
    I think almost every teen at one point or another rebels against their parents. They do dumb stuff like get drunk or take drugs or overall have a crappy attitude towards their parents. Most teens don't even realize how good they have it until they enter the real world and by that I mean when they have to start supporting themselves and working for a living.

But of course I rebelled, but I did it pretty quietly. I smoked weed and drank but my parents never knew about it. Except that one time they found the liqour bottle under my bed...but I was frickin' 18 so I didn't think it was a huge deal but they apparently did. :|

Thank god that's a phase I didn't go through. Both of my sisters did that after my parents divorced, and now they're always getting drunk, doing drugs, one had a kid at 18 and is even a lesbian. How that works, I don't know...

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by .:G l o o m y:.
    You must be an adult. You wouldn't undrestand.
    lolololol

How do you think someone gets to be an adult? We're not born this way. Sure some forget what it was like but while some circumstances (society) changes people don't. We've ALL been there. They may not have rebelled, maybe they did, everyone's different. Before you assume that they can't understand just remember that.

I also wouldn't confuse book learning with wisdom. Knowlege can be gained from a book, experience can't. Don't make the mistake of thinking that since you know a fact someone can't remember they are stupid. As you get older and find yourself amoung adult society you may just be surprised at how much they really know. Facts can be looked up, the real question is what you have done with them. Incidently, I forget how to spell words all the time and where the states are and I have never been accused of being stupid.

For the record, I didn't rebel as a teenager....I got it out of my system by the time I was 10. No details but when I look back I feel sorry for what I put my parents through.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Lord and Master Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff's Avatar
    Thanks

She's right! Knowledge is nothing when it comes to the real world, only experience matters. That's why I'm screwed in the real world. I have no experience with anything. All I've got are the typical highschool experiences, which mean nothing in the adult world. And the only thing I've gained insight to from other adults is not to get a divorce.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

*yawn* rebelling gets you no where. Getting along and compromising does. Good lord teenies, it's not that hard to figure out!

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by .:G l o o m y:.
    You must be an adult. You wouldn't undrestand.

I'm an adult and I understand more than you ever will. Just like I understand that when you get over this emo phase of yours you'll back and say "what on earth possessed me to follow that trend?"

"Teenage rebellion" is a phase that all adolescents go through to varying degrees. A child starts hitting the teen years and suddenly the hormones start pumping, the emotional and mental capacities start expanding and without any warning at all, you've got this incredible urge to define your own indentity.
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast