Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Teenage Rebellion

Otaku Motoko_san may be famous one day Motoko_san may be famous one day Motoko_san's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Teenage Rebellion

I have never been rebellious to my parents i know they don't mean it in all but if i have something to say i go out and say it as if my parents were anyone else.My dad understands how i feel and just wants me to be safe,he respects my friends and what i want.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm 20 years old, I turned 20 this month, and I never rebelled from my parents, mainly because I was the youngest of 4 kids.

I watched as My Oldest brother get caught up in drugs and because of that he developed a stress/anxiety dissorder and can't hold down a job for more then a year.

My second older brother left home at 16, he got into drugs as well, but has since gone clean. He did some minor time for Credit Card fraud.

So as you can guess, I learned that my parents actually had my best interests in mind, and actually listening to them got me one of the most important things that you can get between a teenager and their parents. Trust.

They lent me money, let me stay out to all hours of the night as long as I told them where I was. Basicly, they let me do what ever the hell I wanted within reason.

You may not like your parents (And I admit, sometimes I hated them myself), but never forget that they love you, and they always will.

Quote Originally Posted by Zui Quan
    I'm an adult and I understand more than you ever will.
    Give the youngling some time, he might learn and grow into well rounded adults like us
    Last edited by aceman67; Jul 30, 2005 at 05:59 PM.

Otaku Chihiro Miyazaki may be famous one day Chihiro Miyazaki may be famous one day Chihiro Miyazaki's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by henzor
    well like zarriff said, its apart of the whole adolescence and growin up deal, and everyone goes through it in one form or another, be it rebellion, retreat, or some sort of murky acceptance in between.

but i would imagine that being adopted presents entirely different barriers to cross =/ slap me if im out of line lol, like.. i dont know anyone thats adopted so im a little curious as well. how old were u when you were adopted? =o did your parents ever tell you ? or did you find out the hard way, like in the movies, where u walk past the kitchen one night and overhear your parents torking about how to break it to you? ._. i cant imagine what it must be like, and as much as i argue with my parents, i think i'd really miss them alot if they were gone.

buh i think with adolesence - with all aspects of change in life for that matter - it passes and we come out of it for the better.
    Wow, this is really cool hearing all your all's opinions here. Some of you seem like you're about to start a war over this topic with eachother. That's not what I intended, I swear! Mainly, Henzor, you summed up how I've felt most of my life. I found out through a foster parent about my adoption and now I've been feeling lost for a while. I started this thread to hear what teens my age were saying about NORMAL teenage rebellion, because I have no idea what this was really like.

how old were u when you were adopted? =o
    i was just a small child when I was adopted. I actually remember my mom's voice, but thats it. I'm guessing I'm not supposed to know because my adopted parents haven't come right out and told me yet to my face. I'm guessing they're afraid I won't talk to them again, since we're all already on limited speaking terms right now as it is. Also too, I feel like one of those kids you may see on TV because I really have no idea about anything from my real mom and dad, and its like I'm not even supposed to know! So I'm stuck to just grieve in silence.
    Last edited by Chihiro Miyazaki; Jul 30, 2005 at 06:17 PM.

"You can get hurt by loving someone, or you can stay alone by not ever loving someone. Which do you choose? Love always has its risks, but you should never fear them, for they are love's true test."

Lord and Master Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff's Avatar
    Thanks

All of my siblings got caught up in drugs and turned into people I never want to become. They rebelled, and this is what happens. All you do by rebelling is getting a point acrossed and screwing yourself up in the process. If you do hate your parents, then just think of it as a temporary prison and mind the rules set forth by your parents.

PiNk HaIr FaNaTiC Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45's Avatar
    Thanks

well my parents arent really the worst of parents but they do tend to get on my nerves often and i often tend to be rebellious to them...though i still like them, its just a habit that i got from being disturbed too much when they tell me to do things during my play time =P

Otaku Chihiro Miyazaki may be famous one day Chihiro Miyazaki may be famous one day Chihiro Miyazaki's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey Zarriff, I haven't gotten grilled yet by any of the parent members yet! (*knocks on wood just to be safe*) I hope it stays that way! lol!
    So from the looks of it, most of you all like your parents? They're not maliciously mean to you or try to hold you back for personal gain?? They haven't tried to mess with your life by interfering in things that shouldn't be messed with??? I'm not saying that checking in on you is a bad thing, i mean parents who are literally insane or are alcoholics/drugees? Those kinds of parents that use you then punish you when your usefulness has run out? Or when you feel like you've had enough of their BS because you're ready to try to breathe for the first time in your life??

"You can get hurt by loving someone, or you can stay alone by not ever loving someone. Which do you choose? Love always has its risks, but you should never fear them, for they are love's true test."

Lord and Master Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff's Avatar
    Thanks

I like my parents because i don't do anything for them to put restrictions on me for. Not to mention I'm 18 now and no longer have to concern myself with them. I just minded my own business and let my parents just deal with my sisters.

Railgun Assimilate Champion Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka's Avatar
    Thanks

I argue with my parents sometimes, but I wouldn't call it a rebellion. I obey their rules and such, but sometimes they annoy me just a bit. Plus my dad annoys me beause he drinks a little too much, and he pushes his drunken views on me. Half the time I just laugh at him because he is so rediculious. Lol.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast