Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Tekken 5!

Newbie goten277 may be famous one day goten277 may be famous one day
    Thanks
    This game is so much better then the previous game. The graphics are awesome and the gameplay is good, but what I really liked was the action game with Jin Kazama. I thought it was pretty good for a game that was just put on the side

Newbie Jin4576 may be famous one day Jin4576 may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I'll copy and paste what I wrote about T5 on my LiveJournal...yeah I'm that lazy...

Alrite I've logged in enough hrs to tell you what i think and well its a good game, but it could've been way better. I think that it is orientated towards single player play rather than multiplayer. Grpahic wise its very beautiful for a PS2 game, gameplay wise is also great but again could've been better.

Ok lets start with the modes, Story mode has improved a little with their cutscenes and whatnot, but I would've love more of it than just 1 or 2. Also the cut scenes reminded me of WWE Smackdown's cut scenes with the music and all that. I was disapointed that all they used for Devil Jin was a generic sub boss. no Kazzy boy, no hei, no asuka sub boss but he was there in askua's story. The endings were for the most part funny...well some of them were serious of course. Law's by far was the funniest and I have to give Kazzy boy's ending the most serious one. Yeah I'll discuss those in another thread so i dont spoil anything for the poor people. Now comes "arcade mode" its in quotes b/c its not really the true arcade mode. All u do is use ur custom chars and battle other peoples ghost...i think they are other peoples atleast. Heres were I have a problem with the game. Customization...u are allowed only 1 profile per memory card and u can only have one name which sucks. I mean Emo Jin does not really fit Kazzy boy y'know. Also u can load in profiles like in the 2nd memory card slot so u cant play other peoples chars/ghosts It would've been nice if they made the memory cards like the cards in the arcade where u insert ur memory card enter a VS game and have it load in ur char but no. Like that would've made the no online thing not much of a big deal. Time Attack, Survival, and Team Battle are all self explanitory and I think dont i need to go into much detail there...its all the same. Next is the Devil Within mode which goes into the past of jin or something be4 the tournament and I like this mode. It was fun lasering the shit outta robots and stuff...but then the puzzles got hard. yeah like in stage 4 the puzzles get seriously hard and if u dont have good problem solving skills...you'll be stuck for awhile...I'm just glad there are other ways to unlock Devil jin...longer but it works for me. Arcade History mode takes us back to the olden days of Tekkens 1-3 and I love how u can tweak the settings like u would in the arcade. Hey u can even test out ur joystick controller on the T3 test mode awsome. Theater mode and customization mode self explanitory.

Graphics wise this game makes the PS2 shine...kinda. They didnt fix the teleporting ground break thing, but i just figured that the PS2 couldn't handle it so I'll let it slide. Also some of the items and colors look like they dont belong on the char. Like Ling's skateboard it just looks...odd. Other than that the graphics are great. The characters dont have that plastic look like they did in T4 and the stages are so nice. i'll also comment that the voice acting is better than T4's and they have the chars speaking their native languages...more or less (Lei and Law dont).

Difficulty wise well its definateally more different than it was be4. Back in the day easy = punching bag and ultra hard = blocking whore and chicken master (counter the counter). Now easy = semi challenging and well I havent tried ultra hard yet, but very hard seems very realistic. The AI isnt blocking everything and chickening my ass everytime i go for a counter. Altho now I cant get all the endings because i uber suck with certain chars and Jinpachi is plain cheap on easy. So I think that the noobs will have a hard time getting the endings or fighting Jinpachi. I guess thats y its talored to be a single player game and not multiplayer. I know there VS but with all the elements like ghetto customization system it makes me think single player.

Music wise well its pretty different from the techno stuff of yester year. The music fits in with the stages very well so u get that whole mood thing. The music in the opening movie is great too again it fits in with whats going on in the movie. I do miss the techno music of jin's dojo stage in T3, but this is great music to replace that.

Like I said at the top, this is a good game, but it couldve been better. If they focused on multiplayer stuff in general it could've been an awsome game to play with friends. Also if story mode was a little better it would've made it more enjoying come on guys i wanted to play Ling in Jin's story or even Asuka in Jin's story.

The grades
    Graphics: 9.5/10
    pro: makes the PS2 shine with great char models and great stage look
    con: teleporting ground damage still there and items sometimes dont look right for char
    Gameplay: 9/10
    pro: everything u expect from a Tekken game and back to basics style on control makes u praise namco
    con: seems to be tailored to single player play which may discourage some people
    Sound: 10/10
    pro: music fits in well in every aspect and voices are done well
    Difficulty: 9/10
    pro: challenge for anyone on any difficulty, realistic AI play
    con: may to too hard for beginners and discourage them from the gane
    Lasting Appeal: 9/10
    pro: many customizations and costumes to unlock and a ton of modes to keep u coming back

Final Score 9/10
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks
    yeah I dont like how I can't load another person card in on arcade mode and play them for gold, that just bites and is annoying. The rest is good but yeah like you said the ways multiplayer works is just.......quirky and not well thought out. I love the game itself though

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Thanks
    yeah i would've loved the real arcade mode.....or if TA had arcade mode properties like in TA mode u could upload the person's ghost and just play uploaded ghosts in TA mode. It just makes me a little upset that I can think of all these awsome add ons to the modes. I think theyre all just a little too much of the same thing. But its still a great game.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Otaku Wobbuffetking may be famous one day Wobbuffetking may be famous one day
    Thanks
    This is probably now my favorite Tekken. That title was last held by Tekken 3 but now it belongs to this one. It's a pretty damn good game. While it isn't better than some of the other 3D fighters that we have out right now (VF4: Evolution and Namco's "other" 3D fighter Soul Caliber give this game a run for it's money) it is still better than a lot of the other ones that we have out right now. I do wish that the character customization would have been as deep as Virtua Fighter 4s but Tekken 5's did well enough. I do like that there are a ton of characters to play as and the character balancing is some of the best I've seen since Virtua Fighter 4 (Except for Anna, she almost seems perfect in every way possible). The "Devil Within" mode is horrible though. The only reason that I played it (and the only reason to play it) is to unlock a certain character.
    Too cool for a sig.

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks
    which he also unlocks just by playing arcade mode a lot thats how I opened Devil Jin lol. Only played like 2 levels of Devil Within lol XD

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Otaku Wobbuffetking may be famous one day Wobbuffetking may be famous one day
    Thanks
    lol man if I would have known that before I would have just played arcade mode a lot instead of playing that awful "Devil Within" game. I want my hour back.
    Too cool for a sig.

Thanks
    im at the stage 4 boss and i swear its just as annoying as Jinpachi -.-; The only good thing about beating it is that u can go through it again and collect these coins that u can redeem for high priced items (certain wings and what not hint hint)....i guess its for the unpatient person in all of us

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast