Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tenchi muyo

Banned Musouka-chan may be famous one day Musouka-chan may be famous one day Musouka-chan's Avatar
    Thanks

Tenchi in Tokyo

Ironically (if you want to call it irony), I found 3 DVDs of "Tenchi in Tokyo" at Wal-Mart for $6.88 (CDN). Not too shabby if I do say so myself. Anyway, I really like watching it.

*Snicker* Ryoko is a drunk. Anyway, anyone else seen this?

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Tenchi in Tokyo

Isn't Ryoko always a drunk?

Yes, haven't finished them yet.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Of the three Tenchi Series (Tenchi Muyo OVA, Tenchi Muyo TV, Tenchi in Tokyo), all have the same characters and same personalities, but do have different relationships and different backgrounds. As an example, in Tenchi in Tokyo (original title is 'Shin Tenchi' or New Tenchi) Ryo-Ohki is owned by Sasami, and not Ryoko, as in all the other series. 'Shin Tenchi' is also the only Tenchi series where Ryo-Ohki has a Mecha form.

Tenchi in Tokyo is a 8 DVD release (and yes, I have all of them). of the three Tenchi series, Tenchi in Tokyo is probably the last of the TV series, and the least successful of the three. (But it does have that great opening episode...)
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks

Hmm... I have a very odd position when it comes to Tenchi. Maybe it's because I'm a later, new gen fan, but I don't have the desire to actually watch titles like Tenchi or Ranma. I mean, I know what happens, and I can discuss the subject fairly well, but I don't actually want to watch it anymore.

Maybe it's because I'm picky.

Newbie shaman_child may be famous one day shaman_child may be famous one day
    Thanks
    im just wodering wot order they go in is it tenchi OVA then tenchi in tokyo then tenchi GXP ? I myself am a big fan

What is all the tenchi muyo created in order?
    Last edited by LenMiyata; Oct 22, 2005 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Cleanup
    Hey,
    I am un upcoming animator who is looking 4 animators to make an anime which might i add will be a demo and will be sent into major companys to be spnosored . We have currentyly 4 animators but we need more!!!. lease if you would like to get in on this send an email with your details to [email protected]
    Thankyou ------

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Tenchi muyo

Grumble Grumble Grumble

In the Beginning, there was the Tenchi Muyo Ryo-Ohki OVA series (6 episodes 1992-1993), funded by Pioneer LDC (Laser Disk Corp.) as the premier anime series for the introduction of the new digital media format (Laser Disk) The Tenchi series was also the first of the great OVA series market of the 1990s

This is turn, created the Tenchi Muyo Ryo-Ohki special of a single episode (OVA), and the Galaxy Police Mihoshi special (OVA) single episode. The Tenchi Muyo Ryo-Ohki special served as a 'glue' episode between the first series and the second OVA series.

The second Tenchi Muyo Ryo-Ohki OVA (1994-1995) series of 6 episodes followed...

Now, spun off of the Mihoshi special episode, (which introduced the character Kiyone) was the Tenchi Muyo TV series (Tenchi Universe 1995) of 26 episodes, and the Magical Girl Pretty Sammy OVA series of 3 episodes.

This was followed by the Tenchi Muyo in Love movie (based on the Tenchi Universe TV series), and the 26 episode Magical Girl Pretty Sammy TV series (Magical Project S) of 26 episodes.

This was followed up by the second Tenchi Muyo Movie, Daughter of Darkness, based on the OVA series, but also includes the Kiyone character (who never appeared in the OVA series)

This was followed up by the fourth alternete reality series, Shin Tenchi (Tenchi in Tokyo 1997), a 26 episode TV series.

There was also a EVA inspired Mecha series called Dual: Parallel Troubles, a TV series (1999) of 13 episodes and a one episode OVA special, completly unrelated to Tenchi, but the producer claimed was based on Tenchi (but which one???)

Last of the 1990s work was the third Tenchi Muyo movie, Tenchi Muyo in Love 2, based on the Tenchi Universe reality. After the third movie, AIC studios shut down the Tenchi franchise...

Until 2002, when Tenchi Muyo GXP, a side story with completly new characters, but based on the OVA reality, and cameos of most of the original Tenchi Muyo characters was made as a TV series of 26 episodes. GXP also distinctly links Dual into the OVA reality as well. Interesting enough, GXP was written to occur two years after the events of ...

The Third Tenchi Muyo Ryo-Ohki OVA series of 6 episodes, a direct sequal and continuation from the second OVA series, which just finished production in Japan. With the first DVD of 3 episodes released in the US, several characters from GXP has shown up in the series.

Now as far as the series relationship goes...

Tenchi Universe, and the first and third movies are all from the same alternate reality from the first TV series...
    The OVAs, GXP and Dual are from the same OVA reality. (The second movie isn't considered canon for the OVA reality)
    All the other Tenchi series are in their own unique alternate reality...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks

Eww, Tenchi GXP is an abomination. If you want real Tenchi, stay away from GXP.

Otaku Nightwish may be famous one day Nightwish may be famous one day Nightwish's Avatar
    Thanks

tenchi in tokyo wasn't horrible but i can say it was the least successful of the 3. tenchi muyo and tenchi universe were a whole lot better i think.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast