Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Which Tenchi series do you like best

Newbie roadkill21 may be famous one day roadkill21 may be famous one day roadkill21's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Which Tenchi series do you like best

I put my money on the OVA. Just rewatched it today at work for the first time in about 2 years and I still rank this as one of my all time favs.

Newbie Urahara may be famous one day Urahara may be famous one day Urahara's Avatar
    Thanks

Tenchi in Tokyo is my favorite

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks

Well seeing as I have all 4 sets and took the name of One of the characters of course I like ALL tenchi series :P but yeah I have heard the 3rd ova will be different without the voice actor for Ryoko not being in it unless I missed something

Gundam Builder Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x's Avatar
    Thanks

I liked the OAV and tenchi universe. The animation in tenchi in tokyo kinda threw me off.

Newbie Baron may be famous one day Baron may be famous one day Baron's Avatar
    In the minds and souls of all evil beings.
    Thanks

The OAV and GXP were by far my favorites. I am eagerly waiting the 3rd OAV.

As for the spin-offs. I liked the Galaxy Police Mihoshi Special the best personally. Mihoshi was always my favorite and her story is hillarious.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

I HAVE IT!!! The third OVA is in my hands, and it is a worthy successor to the first and second Tenchi OVA series. We now have a Tenchi OVA created with state of the art Anime technology, but with the same characters and a story that continues the series. (It first starts out with the arrest of Dr. Clay and the appearance of the mysterious Tokimi)

For full enjoyment of the 3rd OVA, it's best if you've seen Tenchi Muyo GXP first. The political background of the OVA series is explained in GXP, and one personality that is heavily referenced (Seto-sama, the Devil Princess of Jurai) is not explained in the 3rd OVA, but is a major secondary character of GXP...

Now that's the good news... The bad news is that the 3rd OVA is a six episode series that is still currently in release in Japan, and there are only three episodes on the DVD. We won't know the end to the story until the second and third DVD, which still do not have a release date!!! (grumble grumble grumble)
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata
    Until the third OVA series (a true sequal and continution of the story of the 1st and 2nd OVA series) comes out next month on Region 1 DVD, the best of the lot would be the original OVA series. The next best would be Pretty Sammy TV series, written as a parody of the Magical Girl Genre, but at the same time, one of the best examples of the genre it was spoofing. And seeing both Mihoshi and Kiyone as 4th grade school teachers is a complete riot...
    What he said, except I haven't seen Tenchi in Tokyo yet so I don't have an opinion on that one.

So glad to know they're continuing the OVA.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku Dreadhawk may be famous one day Dreadhawk may be famous one day Dreadhawk's Avatar
    On the battlefield, hiding behind you with a knife...
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Katsuhito
    but yeah I have heard the 3rd ova will be different without the voice actor for Ryoko not being in it unless I missed something
    WHAT?!?!?!?!
    It just wouldn't be the same without Ryoko's voice!!!!
    Who the hell would they replace her with?!?!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast