Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tenjou Tenge

Newbie Blaz may be famous one day Blaz may be famous one day
    Thanks

Tenjou Tenge

I just finished watching this series and I must say that the ending is kinda dissappointing. It was left open-ended (I assume so that there could be a season 2 but so far I haven't heard anything about that - anybody know something?), and nothing is really resolved.

None of the main characters from the beginning even turned out to be actual main characters, instead they just seemed to be more a means to get to what seemed to be the actual story. The whole series just turned into one giant flashback.

Now, this is great if the series was intended to go longer (or is going to go longer). I mean it's the ultimate background setup for what is to come, but unfortuantely, I'm not going to hold my breath for a second season.

Which leads me to assume the entire anime of Tenjou Tenge was merely to inform everyone of the reasoning behind the rivalry between Mitsumi and Maya. Wonderful.

Would anyone who has read the manga please let me know if the story goes beyond this, and if so how is it? Because, I really want to know what goes on beyond the ending to the anime. Thanks.

Other than the ending, I found the story, animation, and especially the action to be extremely well done. If it wasn't for the ending this would have been one of my all time favorites. But, then again, that is how most anime I've seen turns out...

Untouchable Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega's Avatar
    Thanks
    The Manga DOES continue the story and it does get a bit better, but man those flashbacks are just painful..

Here is a recreation I made of the production of Episode 24 of Tenjou Tenge, around when they were halfway done the episode.

Exec: Well, are you just about done the final episode of Tenjou Tenge?
    Head of STaff: Buh? Final? Isn't this an ongoing series..?
    Exec: No... it's only 24 episodes...
    Head of Staff: OH SHIT!

And thus we got the end of Tenjou Tenge. I was considering picking up this title at first but all the flashbacks and rushed ending really pushed me away, I've seen some rushed endings before, but this was horribly blatant.

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Yeah, the rushed ending kind of dissappointed me. I plan on picking up the manga instead, much better than the anime, I think.

Newbie syn~a~mon may be famous one day syn~a~mon may be famous one day syn~a~mon's Avatar
    Thanks
    I agree with everyone, the ending was terrible. It was left so open at the end, I had been wondering if they were planning to do another season of it, because it surely felt that way. Did they just have too much stuff to try and cram into 24 episodes? It would have been nice for them to conclude the storyline that the show started out with.

Newbie Infinity may be famous one day Infinity may be famous one day Infinity's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eriadd
    Yeah, the rushed ending kind of dissappointed me. I plan on picking up the manga instead, much better than the anime, I think.
    the manga will always be better than the anime. rock on oh! great and tenjho tenge.

Otaku Hardedge may be famous one day Hardedge may be famous one day Hardedge's Avatar
    Thanks
    Damn, so that ending was a bit off, I knew it! Well, as long as they come out with another season, I suppose it shouldn't be a problem. But the anime was still most enjoyable in spite of the anti-climactic finale.
    I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely -- Beethoven

Experience without theory is blind, but theory without experience is mere intellectual play -- Kant

Newbie syn~a~mon may be famous one day syn~a~mon may be famous one day syn~a~mon's Avatar
    Thanks
    I read recently at Anime News Network (<--link to small article) that there will be an OVA released this year that will continue where the t.v. series left off. That's good news because it'd be a shame to leave things as they are.
    Last edited by syn~a~mon; Jan 03, 2005 at 12:49 PM.

Otaku Purplefire may be famous one day Purplefire may be famous one day Purplefire's Avatar
    Thanks
    Tenjou Tenge is a great anime (minus the fact that all the girls have huge breasts which bugs me quite a bit because its impossible to move like that with them) I liked seeing the flashbacks about Maya and Shinji, Shinji especially (*Drools*) I always love to hear the "villans" side of the story, and it was great that they actually showed something like that. Not to mention he's totally hot too I cant wait to see the OVA and im dieing to know the ultimate outcome.

80% Evil l 5% Insane l 15% Addict l 0% Lack of Guinea Pigs
    lAnime TalklAnime OnlinelOtaku BoardslMini Tokyo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast