Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Terrel Owens leaves training camp.

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

Terrel Owens leaves training camp.

Ok Folks, time for another sport discussion. This time the subject is Terrel Owens and the Eagles.

I was following this story yesterday, live as it was happening, by the way. Reportedly, Owens was first thought to have bolted out of training camp, angry about the situation in Philadelphia. It was later identified that the Eagles held a surprise meeting, out of nowhere. In this meeting, several players argued to the staff/coach about Terrel Owens, and some of the things he has been up to. Apparently, some of T.O.'s teammates did not like the fact that T.O. did not sign autographs for their fans during the weekend. They argued that T.O. was not being treated the same as everyone else. The players also didn't like the fact that Terrel was practicing with an assistant trainer, alone, on a separate field, disregarding the team.

Anywho, during this meeting, Owens spoke out saying that he was being disrespected, since things like these should have been taken care during their own times, and not in a team meeting, where someone's business is everyone's business. He got into a "heated discussion" with Andy Reid, and in turn, Reid kicked his butt out of camp. That's right... Terrel was suspended for a week. He didn't leave after all, he was kicked out of camp.

Full story - Here.

On a side note... After Terrel went home to his house, he was followed by reporters and helicopters, where he was seen playing basketball, and working out in his backyard (I was watching this live).

So, as usual, I'll present everyone with some questions to get this conversation going.

Should have his teammates spoken out against him in a public meeting?

Did Terrel have a right to get mad, even though he disrespects his teammates just as bad?

What do you make of this? Do you think T.O. will ever patch things up with his teammates, his coach, or the media for that matter?

What should the Eagles do? Let me remind everyone that they lost Freddie Mitchell in the offseason, and Pinkston for the season, due to injury. The only wide recievers they have are three (A rookie who hasn't played much, one guy who has only played 4 games in his career, and a third guy who has been injured most of his career). I've forgotten their names, because they are a bunch of nobodies, to tell you the truth.

The Eagles at this point, NEED, to have Terrel play for them. Even with Westbrook signed, they need more than 3 useless recievers. They could, and would have to sign someone, but who's to get anyway? They have T.O., and they might as well just pay him to keep him happy. Maybe, they should trade him, and I think this is the best option available. Terrel Owens should still have stock, the last time he was playing, he gave an all-pro type of game during the Super Bowl.

That's all I'm giving you guys. Git 'er done gentlemen.

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Terrel Owens leaves training camp.

Well as much as the Eagles need Terrell Owens, he is becoming a major inconvenience and a huge problem. I mean the guy thinks he's above the rules and everyone else. If he's the slightest bit unhappy he should get everything he wants. If he wants a trade he should get it then and there. I mean what he asks and expects can get ridiculous. I feel for the Eagles organization and their fans having to put up with this guy. True they'd be alot better NOW with him but if they let him go their future could be alot better. Plus the fact that the man doesnt want to even play for them, why should the Eagles care. Let his ass sit. Let him be a baby. I think they did the right thing suspending him from camp. He is their best player and he is one of the best in the NFL but people can only take so much. He is a person, not a king or a God, no one gets everything they want and neither will he.

I'm sure there are some decent free agent receivers out there the Eagles could make due with, but without TO they wont be that good. Could maybe pull off 10-6 but I'd even be surprised at that. With him they probably win 2 or 3 more games assuming he's healthy and wants to play. If it were my decision I'd try to trade him and if no one wanted him I'd waive him.

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Delerium
    Well as much as the Eagles need Terrell Owens, he is becoming a major inconvenience and a huge problem. I mean the guy thinks he's above the rules and everyone else. If he's the slightest bit unhappy he should get everything he wants. If he wants a trade he should get it then and there. I mean what he asks and expects can get ridiculous. I feel for the Eagles organization and their fans having to put up with this guy. True they'd be alot better NOW with him but if they let him go their future could be alot better. Plus the fact that the man doesnt want to even play for them, why should the Eagles care. Let his ass sit. Let him be a baby. I think they did the right thing suspending him from camp. He is their best player and he is one of the best in the NFL but people can only take so much. He is a person, not a king or a God, no one gets everything they want and neither will he.
    That's what his teammates, reportedly, told the Eagles management in the meeting. They were sick and tired of having to see him get special treatment, and having him walk around as if he owned the place.

As for trading him.... I'm sure there are tons of teams who would trade big for him. If the Eagles play this right, I'm sure they can get a couple of good players, maybe even 3 decent ones. Not only will they add to their depleted roster, but they would get him off their hands. They need to trade him ASAP.

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, I'm not so sure now after his behavior with his last two teams THAT many other teams will be lining up to make offers for him. I mean the Eagles made the Super Bowl and the man still complains, if the Eagles cant make him happy who can? This guy is quickly turning into the Dennis Rodman of the NFL, a great talent that nobody wants because he's uncontrollable and whiney.

Otaku Skillzpay may be famous one day Skillzpay may be famous one day Skillzpay's Avatar
    Location Location: Location Location: Error!
    Thanks

His stock value has plummeted, there's nobody that's going to offer even anything remotely similar to what the Raiders did for Randy Moss. Any interested team he'd goto has to view him basically as a FA cause he'll only be the "good T.O." if he's signed to an improved/new contract, so that takes his value to pretty much where he was with the 49ers a few years back. And mind you all they got back then was a measley defensive end who they eventually cut due to injuries and from the Ravens, just a 3rd round pick. When you've caused this much of a ruckus in the past 7 months and shown that you are essentially a bona fide team chemistry disruptor, you're not going to hold tons of value. Football needs all 53 players to be united, focused, and have some sort of established camraderie in order to be of championship quality.

If the Eagles want what's best they better bust out the checkbook because there are no quality FA WRs and certainly not going to get the kind of value in trade that he'd have received 6 months ago. And since the Eagles lack both quality and quantity at the position it'd probably be best to maintain atleast 1 goto guy for McNabb otherwise what is a plethora of so-so WRs going to do for him?

Newbie Elwood may be famous one day Elwood may be famous one day
    Thanks

Cool Re: Terrel Owens leaves training camp.

Yeah he has Gotten To full of himself. He is a good player and all but he needs to grow up

Newbie Elwood may be famous one day Elwood may be famous one day
    Thanks

Bang Bang Bang

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

Well if it isn't everyones favorite jackass, I've just about had it with T.O. already.....he needs to realize that there is no "I" in team. But the chances of that happening anytime soon are as likely as seeing a green pitbull that knows how to breakdance.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast