Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Terrel Owens leaves training camp.

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Terrel Owens leaves training camp.

Well Skillz called the other half of the argument. Pay the man.

However, I think the Eagles have too much going for them and too much respect for their coaches other players to give in to his demands though.

Newbie Spiderman may be famous one day Spiderman may be famous one day
    Thanks

I agree with Delerium, about the pride, respect and all that goodness, but they need TO's unstoppable playmaking ability. He caught more passes and TD's than the entire recieving corps did last year combined. So losing mitchell isn't a big deal cuz he sucked to begin with. But yeah, they will need him if they want a shot like they had last year at the superbowl. I hate it when players hold out like this, I like how Greenbay didn't give into Walker.

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Delerium
    Well Skillz called the other half of the argument. Pay the man.

However, I think the Eagles have too much going for them and too much respect for their coaches other players to give in to his demands though.
    So what are they going to do? Just let him sit and rot? That's a waste of year, since they already have reciever problems.

Otaku Skillzpay may be famous one day Skillzpay may be famous one day Skillzpay's Avatar
    Location Location: Location Location: Error!
    Thanks

You can cut him but that means coming away with absolutely nothing but ridding yourself of the problem. But then you run into the even bigger problem of WR quantity and quality still.

And sure they have their respect and pride in their coaches and players but just how far can that take them? How many touchdowns will that pride and respect provide? Will that pride and respect strike fear into the opposing defense? Hmm...

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Skillzpay
    You can cut him but that means coming away with absolutely nothing but ridding yourself of the problem. But then you run into the even bigger problem of WR quantity and quality still.

And sure they have their respect and pride in their coaches and players but just how far can that take them? How many touchdowns will that pride and respect provide? Will that pride and respect strike fear into the opposing defense? Hmm...
    Exactly. That's why I recommend (not that anyone is listening) that they either trade him if they can, or pay him. Cutting him wouldn't do them any good, and in the end the Eagles would look arrogant and stupid for doing it. Sometimes people need to put their ego and pride aside and do things they might not like. Sure, they can cut Owens, but then they would be wasting a whole year of football. You play to win the one thing that matters, the Super Bowl, you don't play just to get into the playoffs.

In a way, Terrel sort of deserves more money anyway. I'm not sure how much he's asking, but the 5 year - 48 million dollar contract he has does seem kind of low. I think him, and his agent, Drew, have gone about it the wrong way. Hines Ward, on the other hand, is someone who really deserves a new contract.

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks

not always, I mean team unity is a big part of it. Hard to win games when in the back of their minds some are probably thinking "I hope someone breaks that fool" you know just petty things like that, and if he disrupts the team this much they can't have their heads in the game. Not my team but if it were I'd get rid of him. Better to have a team that gels than a team with a spoiled superstar

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cybergig1
    Better to have a team that gels than a team with a spoiled superstar
    Funny you say that. It reminds me of the New England Patriots. And we all know how well they've done. Of course, they won't do much this year, but that's another discussion. Maybe I'll make another thread.

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks

lol extra funny is I was about to use them as an example lol XD

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast