Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Terrel Owens leaves training camp.

Otaku Skillzpay may be famous one day Skillzpay may be famous one day Skillzpay's Avatar
    Location Location: Location Location: Error!
    Thanks

Re: Terrel Owens leaves training camp.

Players on struggling teams don't gel together very well. It's like they say, winning cures everything. And without TO they'll have a harder time acheiving just that plus the Eagles had 3 players this offseason who were looking for new/better contracts, who either griped and/or held out. So w/o TO you have an unproven offense, still 2 other bitter players, and as a result chemistry and team morale lower than it has been in ages.

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks to Jim Armstrong, I have an interesting fact for you all. The recievers that the Eagles have 27 catches in their careers, combined. There's no way they can go on without him.

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks

Let me put it to rest, professional sports suck donkey balls, its all about money, it will always be about money, and it can never be anything more than about money, pure and simple, there is no pro-sports anymore, its just people wanting more money. Baseball is dead, Football will soon become dead and basketball has been shit for a long time now.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KnightofNi
    Let me put it to rest, professional sports suck donkey balls, its all about money, it will always be about money, and it can never be anything more than about money, pure and simple, there is no pro-sports anymore, its just people wanting more money. Baseball is dead, Football will soon become dead and basketball has been shit for a long time now.
    In fairness to sports, arent almost all professions about money and dont most people think exactly this same way. Its only more well known through sports and Hollywood, but most people are like this.

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KnightofNi
    Let me put it to rest, professional sports suck donkey balls . . . Baseball is dead, Football will soon become dead and basketball has been shit for a long time now.
    The only reason all those so-called "greedy" athletes have their money, is because of all the money that their leagues make from all the people who watch them. They aren't the only people in this world looking to make a buck, we all are. Second of all, not all of them are in it for the money.

Now please, if you don't like sports, then don't post. Let's end this discussion here, and get back on topic. Kthxbye.

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks

Haha SS couldnt have said it better myself, oh wait I did say that...anyway.

I was reading an article in our daily newspaper this morning that better brought to light my original opinion of the matter. For the Eagles it is a lose/lose situation. Now their decision is choosing which loss will be the easiest to get over. If Owens gets what he wants its a huge moral loss for not only the Eagles but the NFL in general because a whiney baby would again get what he wants. He may not get his new contract but he is still able to impose his will on everyone. True the Eagles also lose if they let him go, but who knows what could happen, they could find a budding star in their nameless squad of receivers, and it may not be pretty for a season, but at least they wouldnt have to worry if their top player is going to play for them or not the next season. It'd make camp alot easier even if they arent as successful on the field.

And this is just my opinion but I'd rather take some losses than deal with someone like Owens. I love winning, but not having to deal with someone like that everyday is a reward all in itself.

Newbie GuardianAngel1292 may be famous one day GuardianAngel1292 may be famous one day GuardianAngel1292's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking Re: Terrel Owens leaves training camp.

I am so tired of T.O because he wants more and more money...well let me tell you this he's not the only one...A lot of players want more money but their not complaining about it as much as T.O...and he thinks he's so great.....I'll admit he's a good player but he needs to do something with his cocky attitude and everyone said the eagles needed him..yeah right..His problem is he doesn't make it a team sport.....For example I'm from Wisconsin so I am a packer fan and Brett Farve and many other players actually donate money for their team to buy new players while T.O argues that he doesn't make enough...He's to worried about money while a lot of players goals are to make it to the playoffs and then to the superbowl...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel1292
    Brett Farve and many other players actually donate money for their team to buy new players
    Except for Walker.

Delerium, I also heard if they release owens, they will be losing 8 million dollars or something like that. I heard this yesterday, so I might be wrong, correct me if that's the case.

Edit: I've found the names of the 3 recievers, apart from Owens: Reggie Brown (2nd round draft pick); Billy McMullen; Greg Lewis (caught a touchdown pass in Super Bowl).
    Last edited by Silverskater145; Aug 12, 2005 at 11:29 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast