Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tests - Accurate or Not?

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Tests - Accurate or Not?

Nothing is wrong with tests. Read the instructions carefully, after that, remember the things you revised and write it down, using your head. But I do get nervous – Unless it is a crucial one.

And trust in yourself. Then you get good results. Or if you do the opposite of above ... your results won’t be satisfying.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LittleHobbit13
    I agree about not getting rid of tests. For some people they are a good way of showing they know the material. But if you can say that, can't you just as easily say that there are other people for who tests are not the best method, whether they know the material or not?

^_^ that's why tests should not count for so much... the students may not be so good at it, but it will still give them a motive for studying and it won't kill their grade as badly!

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

To each, their own. I say!

Some are better at homework, some are better at projects, and some are better at tests and quizzes! ^_^

^_^ Quite frankly, I'm not so good with homework unless it's more of a "project".
    And projects? It better be an interesting project, or you'll get average results from me!
    Tests? .......hmmm........ I'm okay at them, I don't mind too much. Unless if it's dates and names... I'm bad with both.

But like I said... to each their own.

By the way..... tests ARE accurate.

They test you on how you deal with sudden testings and searchings given under time limits and under grading. ^_^ So ha, if you do bad, they realize that you ain't so good in that. Heeheeheeeee...

Elie Jelly elie26 may be famous one day elie26 may be famous one day elie26's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer
    Depends on the test, mostly I think yes. I think the results are or may be skewed due to people's natural tendancy to feel pressured and/or stressed while taking them.
    yeah..i agree ..im too lz to comment more..

Otaku LittleHobbit13 may be famous one day LittleHobbit13 may be famous one day LittleHobbit13's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dhabi
    ^_^ that's why tests should not count for so much
    I completely agree on that. If tests didn't count for so much, I think they wouldn't get hardly as many complaints. The fact is, you can do well in every other aspect of a class, but if you don't do well on tests, your grade is sunk. There are many people for who test anxiety is actually uncontrollable. They have no logically reason why they freeze up once they touch the test paper. It has no bearing on whether or not they know the material.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleHobbit13
    Think about it. Yes, people who can draw the information from their LT memory probably know the information pretty well, but at the same time, what about the people who are good at storing things in ST memory? Does that mean they know the material?
    I'd still like to hear some opinions on this point if anyone has them.
    "True kindness isn't something we're born with; it's something we have to work at. We have to mold it and shape it with ourselves. Not everyone has it, but I think everyone has the potential. Sometimes you just have to look really close before you can tell it's there." -- Kyoko Honda Fruits Basket
    ~ ~

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai
    By the way..... tests ARE accurate.

They test you on how you deal with sudden testings and searchings given under time limits and under grading. ^_^ So ha, if you do bad, they realize that you ain't so good in that. Heeheeheeeee...
    i think this helps to answer that! if people who aren't good at memorizing aren't going to do well on tests, past present or future...

^_^ but, i'm one of those people who glosses over the material before the test and gets a pretty decent score... however, math and physics i take time to study for... or make a notecard... depending on the set-up of the test...

OH YEAH! that's one thing i forgot to mention! my Physics teach lets us have a note card for each test/quiz cuz he says even the professionals don't remember all those formulas! that's why they have reference books!!! and you still have to know the material cuz you have to know how to work the formulas! ... we're his only physics class though... so we can't exactly ask other people for answers...

NOT THAT I WOULD OR ANYTHING!!!... seriously...

Cherubic Flash Pegs Champion, Chaos Theory Champion, Booya Champion, Word Up Champion, Angel Differences Champion mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel's Avatar
    Thanks

i guess tests are accurate. the one thing i hate when it comes to tests is when they ask a stupid question... ok, maybe theĆ½re not stupid, just hard. i usually do well in tests, but i always get nervous. i hate that feeling >_<''

Newbie luv_inuyasha may be famous one day luv_inuyasha may be famous one day luv_inuyasha's Avatar
    Thanks

In this competitive world...its essential to have tests for the 2 main reasons:

1) To ensure that children take studies seriously lol
    2) To grade students as per their talents for admissions in appropriate professions.

The problem however sometimes lies with the method behind these tests....some tests check on only the grasping or memory of students and not their logical thinking. These kind of tests tend to make rational students bored having to do the same monotonous studies. So if the test pattern consists of balanced theoretical and logical questions then it can be quite good for ones progress.

Also a lot of fuss is made about tests because of which even the students who like to study dislike giving tests....the fear of "whether I will do well or not" affects the performance negatively...

92% of teens moved to rap. if u are part of the 8% that rock out every day, put this on your sig!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast