Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Tests - Accurate or Not?

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Tests - Accurate or Not?

I do think tests are a good way to test your knowledge on whatever you've been studying but I don't think they should effect your grade as much as they do because it is true that some people get really panicked when it comes to testing. That can definitely hurt how your results on a test if you're so panicked that you can't even think of the answers. I think that teachers should grade more on homework because if you do your homework that shows that you really do want to learn. Some teachers I know already do that but I think the schools should have all teachers do that. Homework should determine your grade not your tests.

Otaku LittleHobbit13 may be famous one day LittleHobbit13 may be famous one day LittleHobbit13's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by luv_inuyasha
    2) To grade students as per their talents for admissions in appropriate professions.
    Actually, nowadays potential employers don't look so much at your grades as they do at your recommendations. They like to see how you come out of college with what kind of faculty support.

Priestess Angel: I like what you said about how homework should determine our grades, not the tests. I will agree with that. I personally think that homework, given the right kind of problems, can better tests how well you understand and know the material.
    "True kindness isn't something we're born with; it's something we have to work at. We have to mold it and shape it with ourselves. Not everyone has it, but I think everyone has the potential. Sometimes you just have to look really close before you can tell it's there." -- Kyoko Honda Fruits Basket
    ~ ~

ao's comrade swordfish3 may be famous one day swordfish3 may be famous one day swordfish3's Avatar
    Thanks

yes all tests are important expecialy SAT's and GCSE's and the one in the middle are also important as they give you an idea of how the bigger ones will be
    92% of teens moved to rap. if u are part of the 8% that rock out every day, put this on your sig!!!!

Newbie luv_inuyasha may be famous one day luv_inuyasha may be famous one day luv_inuyasha's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LittleHobbit13
    Actually, nowadays potential employers don't look so much at your grades as they do at your recommendations. They like to see how you come out of college with what kind of faculty support.
    True but not in all countries lol I am from India and we have CET exams where all the seats in the colleges are limited as per ranks

92% of teens moved to rap. if u are part of the 8% that rock out every day, put this on your sig!!!!

NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Thanks

Testing in school is gay
    and yeah you can forget the material amd stuff and do poorly
    and if you were thinking about something important like say a family member you get sidetracked and dont pay attention
    so yeah test are gay

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Well the purpose of a test is to see if you have learned something from the subject that you are studying.

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

i think that they try to reteach us through tests so it sticks in our heads.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3